Pear shaped? was it hard to lose pant sizes?

Options
hi, i have a pear shaped body :( i would like to lose 2 pant sizes and I was wondering if it was easy to lose it?

Replies

• auntshort
    auntshort Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's not easy but can be done. Thighs like to hang on. Try lunges, squats, side lunges. Takes time but it works
  • monasul
    monasul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It certainly hasn't happened quickly for me, but it IS possible. I've now lost 37lbs total (23 since starting MFP), and have just recently bought a pair of size 12 jeans - before I started MFP, I was in denial about the fact that my 14s were too small. It's just a matter of losing until your body MUST take fat from your legs and hips (my waist is now down to about 28", which is ridiculously small compared to my 40" hips - it seems my body wanted to take ALL the fat from around my waist before moving on to the hips and thighs).

Hang in there!
  • monasul
    Options
    woow 37 pounds is very good! i am the same as you as well my waist is 27.5 and my hips is 40!! it looks really weird because i am a top size 10 and jean size 12 - 14! How long did it take you to lose the pant size! and btw congratulations for loosing all those pounds and sizes! :)
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It certainly hasn't happened quickly for me, but it IS possible. I've now lost 37lbs total (23 since starting MFP), and have just recently bought a pair of size 12 jeans - before I started MFP, I was in denial about the fact that my 14s were too small. It's just a matter of losing until your body MUST take fat from your legs and hips (my waist is now down to about 28", which is ridiculously small compared to my 40" hips - it seems my body wanted to take ALL the fat from around my waist before moving on to the hips and thighs).

Hang in there!
    This has been my experience too, making pants hard to find. If they fit my thighs/hips/butt, they're huge in the waist. There are different styles that work better, though (I got some good responses on my "pants for pears" post a while ago--you could search for that), and getting the waist taken in is an option also.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    woow 37 pounds is very good! i am the same as you as well my waist is 27.5 and my hips is 40!! it looks really weird because i am a top size 10 and jean size 12 - 14! How long did it take you to lose the pant size! and btw congratulations for loosing all those pounds and sizes! :)
    Where r you guys measuring for waist? I'm curious because if I measure 1" below my belly button I'm still at 34ish ( no difference in a long time)). Mt waist 2" above belly button keeps dropping. My boobs have lost all the weight unfortunately. If they get any smaller I will look like a boy.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped - takes about 15lbs for me to drop a pants size - you can do it
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, it's so frustrating! Thanks for posting this.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My boobs have lost all the weight unfortunately. If they get any smaller I will look like a boy.

Tell me about it :ohwell:
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear shape as well and it very hard for me to lose hip and thighs.. i find that walking does slim them down , it just take a longer . As for my bust and waist I lose inches really fast.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Its very difficult! 20lb down and JUST got into a 12 from a 14 (UK)

untitled15.jpg?w=560

10 inch difference in waist and hips!
  • monasul
    Options
    Its very difficult! 20lb down and JUST got into a 12 from a 14 (UK)

untitled15.jpg?w=560

10 inch difference in waist and hips!

woow thats very good! congratulations! you look great lucky u! :smile:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am pear-shaped and have gone from a size 14 to a size 4/6. I still have about ten pounds to lose in my midsection/thighs. I am running, and my sister just said last week that I looked slimmer to her so hopefully it's working.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    yes,--- I have lost 150 pounds and much of it from my really heavy legs. and no--- my thighs are still very large compared to the rest of my body. I read an article in the TOPS news about lipidema that explains why that happens to some of us. There should be other articles about lipidema on the web. . Hope that helps.
  • jtdink1121
    jtdink1121 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have lost 30lbs and I am down from 46 inch hip to 40 inch hips. Went from size 14/15 to a size 11. Its different for everyBODY I guess. Keep in mind though they may still fit around your hips, they can be a bit loose around your tummy area.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am pear-shaped and have gone from a size 14 to a size 4/6. I still have about ten pounds to lose in my midsection/thighs. I am running, and my sister just said last week that I looked slimmer to her so hopefully it's working.
    Yea you! I am a size 14 now (a little loose) but I doubt I can get down to a 4/6. I was that size in 5th grade.:ohwell:
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People lose fat from the top down. So-you'll notice weight loss in your face and neck first, then you'll keep losing moving down your body. Unfortunately, for us pear shape girls, that means our trouble spots lose bulk last!! Just keep going! You'll get there!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and dropped pant sizes like mad with walking (LOTS of walking) as only exercise. Went from size 22 to size 2. What hasn't changed all that much is the fit that I need - even at 120 pounds my thighs have a certain curve to them and that's all there is to it. So I've learned to be happy that at least that curve is smaller than it used to be =)
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you because I'm still in the process of losing. I just wanted to say I absolutely LOVE being pear shaped. I wiggle my hips and dance in the mirror, I love my lower half!!!!!
  • monasul
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you because I'm still in the process of losing. I just wanted to say I absolutely LOVE being pear shaped. I wiggle my hips and dance in the mirror, I love my lower half!!!!!

hahaha that made me laugh :laugh: