Quest protein bars VS supreme protein bars

Options
Hi all,

I am from the UK and currently order supreme peanut crunch protein bars (the 43g ones) here: http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-protein-bars-supreme-protein-carb-conscious-protein-bar-9-bars

I have heard a lot of good things about Quest bars and they ship to the UK but are more expensive. are they any better than the supreme bars? and are they as tasty as i absolutely love the supreme ones!

thanks! xxx

Replies

• Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    bump!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I tried the Quest bars and found them gummy in texture and "American" in taste - very synthetic. My wife said she never wanted to taste anything like the Apple/Cinnamon one again in her life.

I can't say how they compare with supreme as I haven't tried them.

Do what I did and buy one each of three flavours to test them ?
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Thank you! bump...for any further responses!!

The ONLY thing that worries me about supreme is that there is 4.5g saturated fat per bar... xxx
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that worries me about supreme is that there is 4.5g saturated fat per bar... xxx

I'm on low carb so the fat would be welcome.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I got a sampler box of Quest bars and have so far been unimpressed. Gummy is an understatement. They aren't bad per se, but I don't look forward to eating them.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    I got a sampler box of Quest bars and have so far been unimpressed. Gummy is an understatement. They aren't bad per se, but I don't look forward to eating them.

urgh :) defo stick with my supreme bars then. I LOVE them..they are gorgeous!
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options

I'm on low carb so the fat would be welcome.

Yeh i follow a resonably low carb diet too hun so guess i shouldnt worry so much!
  • gunchik
    gunchik Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE Quest protein bars, I could live on them :D
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I had my first Quest bar Friday (Apple Pie). I wouldn't buy it again, because they are $2.39 and I like other bars much better. The taste wasn't bad at all, I had more of a texture issue with it. I did warm it up, and it made it better. I did keep telling myself, this bar is all natural so it can't be like most of the others. I don't have a texture issue with Lara Bars and they are very natural and very few ingredients. I just wish they had more protein.

I still have the Brownie and Vanilla Almond Crunch (or something like that) to try.

I have a Supreme Protein bar, but I haven't tried it yet. I can't get much variety of protein bars locally, so when I go to a larger city, I buy a few different kinds to try. I am really looking forward to trying my Supreme Protein bar because I have read great reviews on them.

So far my favorite protein bar is the Detour (Lean Muscle) Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch for taste, texture and nutrients. I just can't ever find the variety they list on their website to try the other types the make.
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    Quest bars are completely different if you microwave them for 15 seconds. I don't like how chewy they are at room temperature, but heated up the Coconut and Brownie flavors are pretty damned amazing.
  • Mikerails
    Mikerails Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been eating both of these for several months now. Very different but I like both of them. The Supreme bars are basically like a candy bar. I love the Caramel Nut Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, and Rocky Road the best. For the Quest Bars I have pretty much tried them all and narrowed it down to the Cinnamon and Brownie.

I agree wtih the other posters here that the texture of the Quest bars is very different. However, for me, I like chewy/gummy foods (maybe it makes me feel like I am eating caramels:)

The nutrition is quite different between the two bars. Be sure to take a close look at that to see how it fits in your plan. I tend to eat the Supreme bars on days when I have done more exercise and burned more calories. For me it seems like a treat for working out harder (kind or a reward). On days where I have done less exercise (or none), I stick with the Quest bars. They are low calorie and low carbs. They help fill me up without using up all my calories for the day.

Hope this helps.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    From an ingredient and macro standpoint, nothing out there competes with Quest protein bars. From a texture and taste perspective, I love them. Are they the "best" tasting bars? No. But they're not sugary candy bars disguised as nutrition bars like others. The coconut cashew and cinnamon roll, however, are my personal favorites and some of the best tasting, textured truly high-protein, low-sugar, no junk ingredients bars out available.

Regarding cost, sign up for either monthly or every two months and you'll save 10%. But the reason for the price is because they do not use cheap ingredients like other bars. I'd rather pay a few cents extra for higher quality, better tasting stuff.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If I do want more of a meal replacement bar, I typically go with VPX Zero Impact bars such as German Chocolate or Pumpkin Pie. They're both extremely delicious and are more or less brownies.