Tell me your best salad!!!

Options

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I toss baby spinach with a serving of caesar dressing, then top it with grilled chicken, chopped roma tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, and sprinkle it with feta. Delicious!
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mixed Greens, Black Beans, 1/2 avacado, 1tbs Feta, and salsa as dressing! So Yummy!!
  • FranKatja
    FranKatja Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Best salad ever =

baby spinach
    feta cheese
    tomatoes
    calamata olives
    roasted sunflower seeds
    balsamic vinegar, ground black pepper and olive oil
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Cucumber
    Garbanzo beans
    Cauliflower
    Red onion
    Black olives
    Green olives (optional)
    Avocado (optional)
    Diced ham (optional)
    Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian dressing

No lettuce. I get tired of lettuce based salads very quickly. The great thing about this one is that the first five things and the dressing are just a base, and you can add so much more to it.
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    These all sound delicious and I shall try all, but as I'm new to this I need to ask: wouldn't feta be considered high fat? I love feta cheese but always worried about the fat content. Also I'm British, what are craisins??

28 grams of feta cheese is about 75 calories with 4 grams of fat and 4 grams of protein. I like to add a bit of protein to my salad (ie, cheese, chicken, tuna, etc.) for the protein so I stay full longer. I'm pretty sure "craisins" was a typo - the poster probably meant "raisins".

I love salad and eat it at least once a day but am pretty traditional. I use Romaine, fancy green, and redleaf lettuces, green onions, radishes, sliced button mushrooms, shredded carrot and red cabbage, cucumber, grape tomatoes, mixed bean sprouts and croutons. If I eat it at lunch I add an ounce or so of meat, fish or cheese to it. If I eat it as a "starter" before supper, I don't. The one thing I won't make a concession on is my favorite Kraft Creamy Caesar and Bacon dressing. I tried the low cal and fat free versions and just about puked so never again. I only use a tablespoon (amazing how far that will go if you mix it all together) and I'm hardly ever in the red as far as my daily "fat" allowance is concerned.
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Best salad ever =

baby spinach
    feta cheese
    tomatoes
    calamata olives
    roasted sunflower seeds
    balsamic vinegar, ground black pepper and olive oil

I bet it's great!!! I've gotta try it :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    These all sound delicious and I shall try all, but as I'm new to this I need to ask: wouldn't feta be considered high fat? I love feta cheese but always worried about the fat content. Also I'm British, what are craisins??

28 grams of feta cheese is about 75 calories with 4 grams of fat and 4 grams of protein. I like to add a bit of protein to my salad (ie, cheese, chicken, tuna, etc.) for the protein so I stay full longer. I'm pretty sure "craisins" was a typo - the poster probably meant "raisins".

I love salad and eat it at least once a day but am pretty traditional. I use Romaine, fancy green, and redleaf lettuces, green onions, radishes, sliced button mushrooms, shredded carrot and red cabbage, cucumber, grape tomatoes, mixed bean sprouts and croutons. If I eat it at lunch I add an ounce or so of meat, fish or cheese to it. If I eat it as a "starter" before supper, I don't. The one thing I won't make a concession on is my favorite Kraft Creamy Caesar and Bacon dressing. I tried the low cal and fat free versions and just about puked so never again. I only use a tablespoon (amazing how far that will go if you mix it all together) and I'm hardly ever in the red as far as my daily "fat" allowance is concerned.
    no

craisins are cranberries...instead of grapes. is raisiny form
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Fatoosh

some pita chips. some greens (lettuce is the goto choice) tomatoes diced. Few red onions. olive and lime juice. Summac (Arabic spice, very good for salads)

Try it, you'll fall in love
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    all sound sooo yummy!

Mine is a spinach salad:
    Spinach
    light goat's cheese (feta also works)
    sliced orange
    crushed walnuts
    sliced pitted dates
    (you can also add an apple or any other dried fruits instead of dates)

Dressing (enough for a really big salad):
    1 tbsp orange juice
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp honey
    1 tsp parmesan cheese
    poppy seeds
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Romaine
    Black Beans
    Rotel
    Cilantro
    Chicken
    For the dressing mix Low Fat Ranch with a little bbq sauce.....serve dressing on the side.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Spinach, arugula, .5oz mozz cheese cut into small pieces, 2oz grilled chicken breast, lots of tomato, any color bell peppers (I prefer orange or red), sunflower seeds, salt and pepper, cucumber or zucchini (whatever I have fresh from my garden), 1 teaspoon olive oil and half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar! yum yum yum!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Spinach with craisins, almond slivers, mandarin oranges and poppyseed dressing! yummmm my favorite!
  • rejie1
    rejie1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will add some golden raisins
    Carrot salad, raw carrot grated, squeeze lemon juice over the top to stop it going brown and add a spoon of sugar to balance it... no dressing needed but super super yummy!
    [/quote]
  • dmcrass
    dmcrass Posts: 6
    Options
    These are craisins:

http://craisins.com/

They are made by Ocean Spray and I know you can get them in the United States and Canada, but I don't know about anywhere else.
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce
    tomatoes
    Onions
    cucumbers
    2 tbs feta
    4 oz grilled chicken
    3 tbs of Bolthouse farms Ranch
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Spinach with red onion-fresh strawberries and poppy seed dressing
  • kateshape
    kateshape Posts: 25
    Options
    These are craisins:

They are made by Ocean Spray and I know you can get them in the United States and Canada, but I don't know about anywhere else.

they sell craisins in England. I have seen them at all the big supermarkets and at poundland (whoop!)
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    These are craisins:

they sell craisins in England. I have seen them at all the big supermarkets and at poundland (whoop!)

Excellent, I shall check them out. Thanks!
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    These are craisins:

Thanx! I'll try them out:smile::smile:
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    bump!