Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

vote: Should 'SEX' be concidered a cardio?

Serenifly
Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
edited 5:30AM in Chit-Chat
I sure as heck think so! went to go add it this morning, and it wasn't on the list?

Could be

'little to light effort' = 20 cals
'light to moderate effort' =40 cals
"Moderate to high effort' = 75 cals
'Ride 'em cowgirl' = 150 cals
'Marathon man' = 250 cals

What ya'll think?!

Replies

• marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    That's funny. I was just wondering if it was on there. Put me down for a "yes" vote. :smile:
  • i was just thinking the same thing the other day lol
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    LOL

We don't do it often enough for it to count as much of a workout.:blushing:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    ofcourse it is but, then again it is depleting for the male, so I say be a Monk. :laugh:
  • I agree it should be added as a cardo activity - the problem being that you then have to look back and evaluate

Maybe they could just add a generic cardo activity and you could enter a number of calories burned of you choice
  • It should be, considering you put enough effort into it.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    C'mon..no way
    BUT maybe it depends who you are rolling in the hay with
    :ohwell:

I only consider breaking a serious sweat and working out to a DVD or on a machine as exc.
    not cleaning the house, walking the mall etc
  • Adventuresis
    Adventuresis Posts: 2 Member
    lol, I have looked for it as cardio. The amount of exertion can vary widely, so if it's there there should probably be a few different levels, lol. It is certainly possible to break a sweat doing it!!!

I think it also has the potential to help increase metabolism, seriously!

I vote yes, it should be there!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    There are other calorie counting sites that have it and it is NOT that many cals per minute.:grumble:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    It should be concidered something, but not cardio :laugh:

Depends on what happened during sex. Could be strength training, stretching, maybe some cardio...

Don't worry about the calories burned, just enjoy it. :wink:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Haha, I think my bf would kill me but, it would interesting to wear my HRM during.
  • :love: Absolutely. :tongue:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :laugh: I guess it depends on how much effort you're putting in. So sometimes yes :devil: and sometimes no :ohwell:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I consider the calories burned during sex part of my base calories - not an extra to be counted as exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    well you just have to mention sex and everyone gets involved haha

Couuld be insentive to really get going in the sack though eh!
    *nudging all the married folks!*

Hey i was married to once upon a time, I know what that's about!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    It is definitely quite the cardio workout. :wink: At least it was with my ex. :laugh:

I don't count it because I don't know the exact calorie count.. I think it would be weird to wear my HRM. :laugh:

I would just hope for some extra calories burned and stick to my already set goals. :tongue:
  • NotSurprised
    I consider the calories burned during sex part of my base calories - not an extra to be counted as exercise. :flowerforyou:

Awesome care to share exactly how much you are able to eat so that we can judge what kind of job or career it is that you do? :wink:
  • NotSurprised
    Haha, I think my bf would kill me but, it would interesting to wear my HRM during.

By the way that is one of the most hillarious post I have read in the past week. hahaha and oh yeah :laugh:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    livestrong.com has it listed in their calorie burn activities

It also has sitting watching tv and crazy things like that too though :indifferent:
  • Hard to burn too many calories in 3 minutes!!!!
This discussion has been closed.