cabbage soup diet?

Options
i was just looking into diets an have read up on the cabbage soup diet although the calories are quite low alot fruit is involved in this diet.......i was thinking of doing this for the 7 days and then easing into introducing clean foods after to maintain the weight loss, ive heard its all water weight that does drop off but surely everyone needs to lose that first to go ahead and lose actual fat? any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Replies

• RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Most people get tired of it after a day, its a FAD diet. Plus apparently it will give you really bad gas & smells terrible.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You could always have it like you'd have any other kind of veg soup ..... along with other food ...... otherwise you'd probably die of boredom :drinker:
  • takechances
    Options
    Trust me, you'll hate it. I did. The minute you start eating solid food again, your body will think that it needs to store it, so you'll gain it all back in a pinch. Same as juice diets.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've done it when I needed to drop weight to get into the Air Force. It does work, but as soon as you start eating real food again the weight will come back on.