disgusted with myself

Options
So last night I was at a party and I guess I overdid it because I weigh 2 pounds heavier this morning. I am so upset and angry at myself. sorry just had to vent.

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. You can't really gain two "real" pounds overnight. It's most likely water weight.

Drink a lot of water in the coming days and stay on plan. That weight will disappear.
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't be too mad everyone has those days sometimes...just learn from it and be a little more careful next time with what you eat.
  • hannahchiarella
    hannahchiarella Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up about it.... if you weigh yourself at different times of the day your weight can fluctuate more than that anyway.
  • mamacoach
    mamacoach Posts: 7
    Options
    If you learned from it, it was a mistake, so no guilt needed. Balance out the rest of your week and you will still be on track! :)
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    no guilt. i did the same thing. too much drinking and pizza. but today is a new day. and it's fresh start.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last night. Most likely you ingested too much sodium and are now filled with water. So drink lots more to flush it out of your system and keep on rolling!
  • Racaronga
    Racaronga Posts: 32
    Options
    I always find if I have some drinks (alcoholic) or actually haven't drunk enough water I'm heavier the next day. Leave it a couple of days and I'm sure you'll be back to normal! :o)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 7000 calories in excess of maintenance, you did NOT gain 2 pounds overnight.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. I went with my kids to a Chinese all you can eat buffet and just pigged out. I knew I was doing it, but carried on anyway.
    I weighed 2.4lb more this morning, and am not expecting tomorrow to be great.
    In my experience the big jumps takes a few days to finish going up before the weight comes off again.
    However, it has happened before, will probably happen again, and as long as I remember that it's all part of a long journey I shall try to stay positive.

You will get back down, don't beat yourself up. Be glad you had a nice evening and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    If you learned from it, it was a mistake, so no guilt needed. Balance out the rest of your week and you will still be on track! :)
    No one is perfect! Learn from it, have a good rest of the week and you'll be fine. 2 lbs is probably water retention and scale "noise". If you could gain 2 lbs in one night, then I'm screwed :tongue:
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    IMO just water weight.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Take it a little easier on yourself. You won't continue to improve your life if it makes you feel bad. Life HAPPENS. Do your best, exercise a little extra today, drink some water..... and forgive yourself.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 7000 calories in excess of maintenance, you did NOT gain 2 pounds overnight.

I read posts like this all the time, but don't understand. If that's true how come every time I over eat by 300/400calories I go up a pound or two? Can't always be coincidental water weight, surely.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's not a real gain. If it was a late party you were probably eating or drinking later than usual and still have a lot of that inside you. I'm guessing you'll see that weight disappear pretty fast.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    One quart of water weights 2 lbs. Did you really eat 2 lbs of butter worth of food, or, just have a lot to drink (and I don't mean alcohol)?
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    2lbs is nothing to beat yourself up over...the fact that you feel guilty about it is good and that feeling will keep pushing you to excel. dont sweat the small stuff, just sweat the calories out!

Have a great day :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Meh, I can jump 2 pounds overnight by overdoing sodium even while staying under my calories. Really, it's no big deal! New day, clean slate.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Was it a good party? Did you have fun? Don't beat yourself up for having a good time! Remember, you didn't join to just lose weight, you joined to improve your life - this can't possibly done without the occasional party! Just remember not to stay in party mode too long! I keep reminding myself, as I hit a 5-month period of constant gain and re-loss, not to get discouraged. I don't think of any gain as a failure - I think of it as a second opportunity at success! I lost it once, I can lose it again, and you can, too! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I read posts like this all the time, but don't understand. If that's true how come every time I over eat by 300/400calories I go up a pound or two? Can't always be coincidental water weight, surely.

It can be water weight (more food = more sodium and more carbs (often) both of which = more water weight). Plus food weight - you also need to take into account the amount of food you still have in your stomach.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Yep. And even if you did consume a tub of butter covered in a tub of lard......

Today is a new day. Get outside, get thee some exercise. Start again. 2 lbs in nothing in the grand scheme of things.

p.s. Wait until you *poop* out last night's food. You might find yourself 2 lbs lighter.