Tummy tuck. Anyone have one???

Options
I had triplets 8 years ago and it did a real toll on my belly no amount of weight loss will help so I am going to look into a tummy tuck and call around to get a free consultation. Anyone else here have one done??? It is really the only place on my body I cannot stand

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hey, I haven't had one down, but I am considering it. I had twins in 2005 and although I have lost all this weight the belly is depressing. Congrats on triplets!

If you search for tummy tuck on here there are some posts and even some before/after pics. Good luck!
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've had 7 kids. Had a lower body lift, which includes tummy tuck, 3.5 months ago. Best thing ever. :D
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My stomach just gets me so depressed I can't stand looking at it. Going to do my research and maybe get one done within a year!!
  • winter1213
    winter1213 Posts: 15
    Options
    Well, regretfully I can't blame kids on all the lose skin. I'm having a tummy tuck and lipo next Saturday, June 30th. At the moment I'm scared to death, but very excited. I'll keep you posted.:happy:
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I have not , but my Zumba instuctor has , and my best friend have. They seem to be perfectly fine.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I had one and it was the best decision I have ever made!!
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks post op from mine. It has been the best thing I have done. I lost a total of 73 lbs before going in for one and have more to lose. I did ask today why I still had a pouchy tummy and he said that I could lipo that area in a few months or try to work it off but it was fat that he could not remove with lipo due to it being the blood supply flow(which is fine id rather have it then worry about blood flow LOL) However due to that I wish I would have known before hand and I would have really tried to aim to get down to 140-130 instead of going in at 180. Now if this welling would go away so I could wear my pre-surgery clothes I would be even happier.
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Best thing I could have ever done for myself. After 2 babies and losing 70 pounds I was miserable with the gut that hung over my jeans. Makemeheal.com is a great resource if you are looking for any helpful information. The message boards are a great place to meet people going through the same thing.
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    I am so excited I found this! I am going in for a mini one in August. I am excited to get my ab muscles back together. I see alot of positive responses on this! Keep in touch with me and let me know how your goes!
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    Good Luck to you! i am also getting one in August. Let us know how it went for you!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yep...July 26, 2011 I had a tummy tuck done. Worst pain ever in my lifetime, but well worth every penny of it now. I feel so much better about ME.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Well, regretfully I can't blame kids on all the lose skin. I'm having a tummy tuck and lipo next Saturday, June 30th. At the moment I'm scared to death, but very excited. I'll keep you posted.:happy:

Please keep us/me posted. Looking into getting one after I get to the weight I want to be.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    In 1989 I had one.. I had lost 89 lbs two years before that. I did sooo many situps, and was told.. Honey thats skin.. Thats not fat, you will not lose that 1/2 bagel flappy thingy unless you remove it.. It was between getting that done and a breast job. Being that, in 1989 they were not as advanced in breast augmentation.. I chose to remove the extra skin at that time.... I would do it all over again. You may have to lay very very still in bed for a few weeks... While it heals... Drink lots of water, and stool softeners if they have you on meds.. Be careful not to strain if you have to poop. You have to wear a compression garment afterwards. It could hurt the stiches if you don't follow doctors orders and stay really still... Don't worry if your body puffs up a little from water retentsion after surgery... That water weight goes away fairly quickly... Good luck.. Decide whats best for you... I would do it all over again... The little piece they removed, they actually showed me.. It looked like a little chicken breast..
  • ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486615

Check that thread out. The girl that did the tummy tuck, literally just got it done a week ago.

Probably don't want to look at it at work, there are some pic's she took of the after surgery that might make the uptight folks complain.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I sorta had one =) I had a diastasis repair (had a 3 inch gap in my muscles) while he was in there he took a tiny amount of skin off but he said I didnt have much to tuck =) You can see in my after pic (this was before surgery) =)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486615

Check that thread out. The girl that did the tummy tuck, literally just got it done a week ago.

Probably don't want to look at it at work, there are some pic's she took of the after surgery that might make the uptight folks complain.
    Sir.... What I liked most about your link was the fact that some males are talking about this now. I really liked that. Real men don't fear speaking of it. Thanks for that link...
  • ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. That forum is what led me here.

The topic caught my attention, because I have a feeling I'm gonna have some extra skin issues to deal with when I get to where I wanna be.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I did in Jan, no regrets! :)

2 babies, via c-section, overweight with first, losing 80lbs TWICE...lol it really did a number on me. I love not having to tuck my flap in every time I move around. I love clothes fitting the right way. Recovery was hard, but I expected it to be. I ran in a 10k 6 weeks after surgery though. :)

Good luck, definitely get a free consult. Also realself.com is a great site as well.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have two very close friends that have both had tummy tucks. One friend had hers done about 6 months ago (after 3 kids), the other about 9 months ago (after 4 kids). They had both reached their goal weight but just had that excess skin. They are both thrilled with the results and would recommend it to any woman who feels she wants it. Best wishes!
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing this when I reach my goal weight, have the funds, and am totally sure I'm done having kids. :)