Can I Take Time Off from Exercising without feeling GUILTY

Options
I have been exercising and dieting taking weekends off for the past 8 mths. Im trying to shed the last 10 pounds, which I know is hard. This week i noticed im having a hard time exercising and i try to burn atleast 500 cals a day. I switch things up tue/thurs cardio machines at the gym and m/w/f i workout at home doing circuit training for 40-45 mins. I think my mind and body are tired and wanted to take next week off from exercising but im already starting to feel guilty. What should i do and how many calories should i eat if i decide to take next week off. Im doing so well and hate to stop even for a week but i need to get my mind right. Please help!!!

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    It's totally fine to not exercise for a week. Just eat your normal calories minus exercise calories. You will have to be more disciplined with what you take in, but totally fine. I cut running out for a week because of an injury, I just ate less and saw the same progression.

Good luck, I hope the rest helps you.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you are afraid that you won't get back to the gym or your workouts, how about doing some yoga/stretching or just going for a walk? That way you are still getting in a workout, not killing yourself, and not feeling guilty about not exercising. Don't worry about the calories you burn in that week, just be mindful of your nutrition. We all know that the guilt can lead to "fat thinking" which may mean poor food choices. Just my 2 cents, I know for me, if I miss more than 2 or 3 workouts, I can get into that mode that it's easier to skip than start back up again. Don't be discouraged, everyone hits a plateau, and you've done well so far. You may be surprised at how good you feel when you give your body a recovery week.

Good luck!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    i agree. replace it if you're worried. and as i adore walks, that suggestion has my vote!
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I love this website. My mind and body thanks you so much!!! I am going to change my caloric intake since i will not be exercising or anything but not nothing drastic. I will go to 1200 instead of the 1500 im doing now. Woooo this is too much work!!!! But being healthy is much better than being over weight. When you cant walk up the stairs in your own house without running out of breath, thats a problem. But i only have five more pounds to go and then its on to the lifestyle change. YEA!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: