belly flap :(

Options
2»

Replies

• divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Definitely add strength training to your exercise routines, it really does make a difference. There is also a theory that the slower you lose your weight the easier it is for your skin to "snap" back/ shrink along with you. That won't help for those of you who have already lost your weight. But for those of us just starting out there is hope!

Squats, lunges, planks, crunches, planks all will help build your core muscles up. :smile:
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The short term solution is to get yourself a good compression under garment.
  • wifeandmom2009
    Options
    I had a c-section to-- why do we have a flap? I weighed 130 when I got pregnant and weighed 150 when I delivered via C-SECTION. I don't think I was big by any means so why the flap?????
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/150403-exercises-to-get-rid-of-belly-apron-fat/

This Livestrong link gives you ideas on how to get rid of it. I have it too. Some cases require surgery, but if young enough, it will go back. It will never be as flat as pre-baby, but it will look better. :)
  • bh0465507
    bh0465507 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was reading yesterday an article from a personal trainner she stated that the people who find one or 2 meals that they enjoy and stick with it longer and reach thier goals 98% of the time in comparison to those who keep looking for something new...I learned to make a mini quiche and a home made verison of the mcmuffin and those are my two breakfasts..
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That might work in cold weather, but in summer it would lead to crevasses full of sweat and then bacteria, and even more trouble with skin infections than the plain old flap can lead to!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    That might work in cold weather, but in summer it would lead to crevasses full of sweat and then bacteria, and even more trouble with skin infections than the plain old flap can lead to!

Sorry...But I didn't know that "Bridget Jones (type) Drawers" were now a health hazard too.:embarassed:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem....My is because of a hyster in 2008.....I was wondering why my belly is still like this......It is a real bummer......
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Abdominoplasty is major surgery and it is not uncommon for abdominal incisions to heal slowly. I would try all other avenues first.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Sorry...But I didn't know that "Bridget Jones (type) Drawers" were now a health hazard too.:embarassed:

Corn Starch will solve that problem....believe me, I know. :wink:
  • jodiderm
    Options
    I've lost 110lbs after having two babies in two years...still have the flap but noticing a difference since I've started kettle bells and crossfit. Also I'm eating 100% clean and lost 4more pounds in a week and half.
  • rockbottomfarm
    rockbottomfarm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive done a lot of reading on this and apparently ( i say apparently because i have no first hand experience whatsoever) if you have hanging skin or belly flap its because you still have fat.... And its IS possible to lose it by cutting your body fat% and TIME give yourself time for your skin to shrink back... Usually, It took us years to get this way and it will take years to lose it. Ive also heard that dry brushing for circulation combined with lots of water intake and also coconut butter really can help too.... Best of luck!