Nerd looking for other nerdy weight loss buddies :)

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm a total nerd - HP, LOTR, gamer, anime. HP definitely tops the charts though. ;D I have an entire bookshelf dedicated to nothing but HP books and items. And I totes have a replica of Snape's wand. <3

Definitely feel free to add me! :D

My boyfriend's mom looks just like Snape.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know HP, LOTR and SH backwards.

Literarily Nerd :)
  • CarpeNoctemAng
    Options
    I'm a total nerd...I actually don't have any friends on here..maybe I should add some of you fellow nerds :) Please feel free to add me!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    love doctor who :D
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Hehe since someone already posted the Geek Squid link, I'll throw these out there:

Thread where we all come even further out of the closet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/611889-any-gamers-out-there

Gamer group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/36-mfp-gamers
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    lovvvvve star wars, matrix, indiana jones, back to the future, LOTR, etc! feel free to add!!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey! Also a geek who would love to talk to some like minded people. HP is my absolute favourite!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Hehe since someone already posted the Geek Squid link, I'll throw these out there:

Thread where we all come even further out of the closet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/611889-any-gamers-out-there

Gamer group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/36-mfp-gamers

there's also an anime group! Join us.... :devil:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on WoW three years ago. We both play Diablo now too (him more than me). He moved here a year ago. I got superfat because we spent all of our time on WoW before he moved here.

I love all things related to Harry Potter, LOTR, and old 80s fantasy movies like "Neverending Story", "Princess Bride", and "Labyrinth".
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    haha all of you seem absolutely awesome!
    I suppose I just feel most comfortable and at home with other nerds :3
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Gamer here :)
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm am a full-fledged nerd girl!

It started with Harry Potter (I got pretty obsessed for a while, have even thrown several HP-themed parties). My other obsessions are LOTR, Dr. Who, and most recently Game Of Thrones (reading book 4 now!).
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOTR is one of my "nerdy" indulgences. As well as books by Philip K. D*** (For some reason censored by MFP - but he's the guy who wrote Blade Runner and VALIS) and Robert Anton Wilson! :)
  • samissocks
    Options
    My friend bails on me and barely logs :( I need to meet new fitness friends!
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself a nerd, but I have nerdish tendencies :tongue:
    I am an ex WoW junky, I enjoy Doctor Who, old Star Wars, some anime, love Zelda, am into space and science stuff, enjoy sci fi, etc. add me if you like.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

before HP wouldn't it have been IBM?

Sure, but of course both companies out date anyone on here. My current employer is actually older than both, and we recently destroyed IBM in a huge deal. So there? :)

I guess I should stick to the topic. I'm a huge sci fi / fantasy fan, both for novels and television. I don't read anything that was written for children but has been brought into this so called "nerd" fold. Sorry, HP fans.

That reminds me, I need to go see Prometheus. Anyone like it?
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    Dr Who nerd and general geek! Anyone who wants to add me feel free!
    I would particularly like a few more male friends, as I have very few on here. The reason being my boyfriend is starting to show signs of interest in exercising with me or eating my food, and I'd love to have some insight on the male experience of working out and healthy living. And I like a good gender balance in friends in general :)
  • Sdewhizzle
    Sdewhizzle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars, Trek, robots... Feel free to add :)
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I thought you meant Hewlett Packard by HP until I realised it's Harry Potter LOL, yeah, I'm not that young.... I've got all the HP books and films. I absolutely love Star Wars, anything SciFi really and can't live without Anime and Manga. Don't have any friends here, so would be nice to have you and any other fellow nerds as friends. I'll friend you :)
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Big nerd right here ^^ I'm a big gamer. I don't really watch anime other than Ghibli films, but I do have some manga I enjoy reading. I also love asian light novels, and any fantasy novels. I enjoy watching dramas. I'm a dork for mythology, especially Egyptian. And I speak Japanese. ...convinced yet? :laugh: