Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Myth #1: You Should Eat Every 2-3 Hours To Lose Weight

1235»

Replies

• BatmanandJokerDietDiscussion.jpg
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Before I started, I would eat 2 meals,sometimes big, then snack at night. For the last 3 weeks I eat breakfast, have a mid am snack, lunch, snack, gym,snack..then dinner..I basically have been snacking on fresh veg. and fruit, I hope I am not doing anything wrong.....I am probably going to do a couple days with a bigger mid meal and cut the between snacks. I do not want to get tired of vegetables....
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    sounds like my situation also. Hey, whatever works and makes us feel good right?
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    BatmanandJokerDietDiscussion.jpg
    Hahaha and I agree with your previous post
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    For me, if I wait until I start feeling hungary I become light headed, sick and get the shakes (no nothing medically wrong just my body saying feed me!) and I hate this feeling. The moment I start to feel a slight hunger, if its not meal time, its a quick healthy snack. I tried eating most of my calories at once and felt misserable and blah! Spreading them out for me has worked and my body loves me for it!
  • YOU BE EATING 5 SMALL MEALS A DAY :-)
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    I agree, it is a myth.

But that doesn't stop people from telling me off, who believe it to be truth. Friggen preaching at me to eat every 2-3 hrs.

I don't actually feel the desire to eat that often and I think it's rude when people tell me I should change that.

Glad to see this thread. I can relax now and know what I'm doing is fine.
  • My medical doctor told me to eat every 2 hours. The American Diabetic Foundation recommends that Diabetics eat small meals every 2-3 hours to prevent spikes in Blood Sugar. The American Heart Association recommends the same thing.

Where are you getting your information from because medical associations feel differently.
  • I think the reason why there's a recommendation of eating ever 2-3 hours might be because if some people wait 4-6 hours they will like splurg on something higher calorie. Now for me I eat small meals because if I eat 3 big meals you can guarentee that it will be heavier and lots of unhealthiness. But whatever works for people. Sometimes its hard to stop eating after 200 calories. :)

For about 3 months now, I have been trying the larger, more calorie dense meal plan and I am *always* ravenous before my next meal. Sometimes I can hold out but, other times I can't and end up eating and going over my calories for the day or, worse, I get into binge mode and eat everything in sight! Since doing this, I have GAINED 4lbs. And, the reason why is clear.

When I started my weight loss plan last year, I was doing small meals every 2-3 hours, with dinner around 5pm/6pm and dinner being my most calorie dense meal. I was rarely hungry in between meals, and never "hangry". I didn't binge and most of the time I was under my calorie goal and never over it.

Needless to say, I agree with the person I quoted and I am going to be going back to my original ways. I have taken backwards steps because of this. Everyone is different though. You have to find the right "plan" for you with regard to everything food & fitness related.