Need help calculating please

Options
hi There

Does anyone know on the exercise diary what i should put in for doing the plank.

I have done 6 sets of 30 seconds today on my forearms with legs straight but dont know what to calculate it as - any advice

thanks

Andrea x

Replies

• cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you can put in a specific yoga/pilates move but you can type in "yoga" and put in the time that you were working. It probrably isn't the most accurate but you can take it with a grain of salt. Great job by the way. I take a yoga/pilates class at the gym and those are the worst.

If you want a little extra burn try lifting your left arm and right leg while in the plank position for 30 seconds, go back to a regular plank for 30 seconds, and then switch to your right arm-left foot for 30 seconds. It hurts soooo good.
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the calorie burn would be negligible. If you did 6 planks at 30 seconds each, that would only be 3 minutes total. You can log it under calestenics, but again, it is a very small amount. BUT....don't be discouraged by that, because they are an excellent ab workout - and they will build muscle that will burn MORE calories in the long term. So, although not much for the calorie log, still a wonderful exercise that you should be proud of yourself for taking the time to do!
  • andreaprojectme
    Options
    Thank you. I will try the alternate arm lifting (although may give it a few weeks to build up to lol). I am hoping that when i am brave ebough for a crop top next year that i will have abs of steel by carrying on with these (they really do hurt!!)

Andrea x