ARRRG how do I survive my period!?!

Options

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I like to eat ice cream alone in front of the TV while I cry.

eating.gif

This is me, right now!!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Reluctantly?
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I go over my calorie limit, but I still eat healthy. Lots of healthy dark chocolate with high cacao (70% or more), peanut butter, fruits. I really just keep munching, but stay healthy!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's one, maybe one and a half days out of the month .. decide the one thing that will make you feel the very best and have it. There is no reason to put yourself through torture for the sake of a 'diet'. One cheeseburger, even one day of cheeseburgers and fries will not ruin an entire month's worth of work.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Firing up the grill...gonna smoke some meat for ya!! I'm a helper like that!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Exercise actually helps with cramps. Since I've started working out I hardly get my usual PMS symptoms. Only cravings, but your body needs the calories and fuel for those days anyway. So have some chips or sweets to satisfy your womb.lol. just watch your portions and continue to workout (if you can) to control your PMS. I hope this helps :smile:

This^^^ Exercise helps me. It had better bloody help on Sunday - I'm running my first 5K and Aunt Flo is coming to town that day!!
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I drink LOTS of water the week prior to help with any possible cramping and during I keep it up while trying to more more. Moving will help with cramps and the extra water will help with any possible water weight gain from any sodium cravings one might have.

* I tend to crave salt more than anything sweet the week prior. So, if I don't intake a lot of water, I can have a 4lbs+ gain for a day or so and a very uncomfortable tummy.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you find the cure for this PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share with me! I suffer every single month about a week before my period. I crave the fattiest, saltiest, and sugariest foods. I usually give into these temptations and gain several pounds. Ugh!
  • Telliekinesis
    Telliekinesis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://startcooking.com/blog/141/French-Fries

I have the same problem with wanting salty greasy things when PMSing and on my period. This recipe is my little cure.

What this recipe describes is very similar to what I do:
    Only instead of cooking oil, I use PAM Cooking Spray (I know it's the same thing, but I feel more confident that I won't over use wit the spray, also it covers the sheet better).
    I only use one potato, since I usually only make this for myself.
    And instead of the herbs and spices they recommend, I just use Mrs. Dash or any other similar seasoning.

Everything else is to the T. And I calculated it out once and it came to 348 calories. Which isn't bad since McDonald's large fries are 500+ calories.

Hope that helps! :)
  • kreuzen
    Options
    If you find the cure for this PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share with me! I suffer every single month about a week before my period. I crave the fattiest, saltiest, and sugariest foods. I usually give into these temptations and gain several pounds. Ugh!

I drink a LOT of water the week prior. And any salt, sweet cravings I have I hold off. If I'm hungry I wait and see if it is a craving or if I really do need it and go from their. I'll have a glass of H2O first. :smile:
  • momslosinit4_2
    momslosinit4_2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try some Baked Kale chips:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/baked-parmesan-kale-chips.html

You can also skip the cheese for less calories!
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Craving fatty snacks means you really need CALCIUM- instead, eat: mustard, turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame

Check out more about cravings and what we should replace them with here: http://healthwellness808.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cravings1.jpg
  • kreuzen
    Options
    Craving fatty snacks means you really need CALCIUM- instead, eat: mustard, turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame

Check out more about cravings and what we should replace them with here: http://healthwellness808.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cravings1.jpg

Great Info Laramikk. :happy:
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I made myself a baseless 'pizza' with some cheese and it sorted me right out - even didn't want anymore!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello! or pudding. A heating pad. Plenty of tea :) And a few Advil or Tylenol. Hang in there, girl, don't let Auntie Flow have her way with your diet, lol:flowerforyou:
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am just about to get one, and I found myself just starving like crazy
  • sweetkat75
    sweetkat75 Posts: 29
    Options
    getting my period today and what normally fills me up in the mornings didn't today. I ate my lunch at 1045. So i have no meals or snack from now until after 530. I feel like my hunger can't be satisfied today. Weirdly its not my usual chocolate craving. just a general i am hungry feeling. Hope it goes away and i can get through 6 hours of nothing in the tummy.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had mine last week...ugh! My hubby would bring me home a 3 musketeer candy bar which helped. He's a junk food junk that has chips and cookies in the pantry but I was good and didn't touch them!!!!!
  • amyschintler
    Options
    I crave Sugar, sugar, sugar in the few days before. I have just started this and have yet to encounter the dreaded visit. I have no idea what I am going to do when it starts. Any ideas would be a great help here.:explode:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Give up. You cannot defeat...

ovaries-ironman.gif

YES!!!!! Eat it once. But get a turkey burger, or veggie burger. Order a kids meal, etc. you can do this!!