Subways Sandwich Suggestions??

Options
I used to get a Veggie Patty with pepperjack cheese on wheat with spinach, banana peppers and marinara sauce on top of it. Now I live in a different state and city that doesn't not offer veggie patties. Does anyone got any suggestions? I don't like lettuces or tomatoes...well I'm the kind of person who needs a strong favor to cover the taste. Can anyone make a suggestion on what to order? I like avocado, which is a healthy fat, so idk. Let me know :)

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    my usual: 6" oven roasted chicken breast on wheat w/ oil & vinegar, light on the mustard, salt & pepper, then i pile on the veggies (lettuce, onion, peppers, pickles, banana peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers)
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My favorite is turkey on honey oat (or flat bread) light mayo, mustard, vinegar and oil, spinach (instead of lettuce), red onions, banana peppers and swiss cheese
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, chicken, tomato, bacon, and a little ranch or mayo is good enough for me.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Veggies and chicken or turkey on whole wheat. The only sauce I consider acceptable is the sweet onion or the vinaigrette, all the others are loaded with saturated fat.
  • rachf2013
    rachf2013 Posts: 69
    Options
    Try their grilled chicken and baby spinach salad, especially with vinegar. It's amazing (plus the avocado tastes great on salad!)
  • dmartinez87533
    Options
    I usually order the following:

12' Turkey on Wheat(for fiber purposes)
    -American Cheese
    -Lettuce
    -Tomatoes
    -Cucumber
    -Avocado
    -Light Mayo

I use to order the 6' before but upgraded because I was having difficulty maintaining my recommended calorie intake.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'll ever eat:

6" turkey breast on brown. No cheese, and fill 'er up with as many veggies as you like. No sauce. DONE! =D Top that off with a soup or yogurt parfait and you're good to go!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Double egg white 6" flatbread, loaded veggie *nomnom*
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love the veggie patty...but I would pack a lunch. Subways food is to high in sodium for me : )

Good luck!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I like a loaded meatball on honey oat with cheese.
    Life is to be lived....:glasses:
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    6" double meat chicken strips w lots of veggies and red wine vinegar- not vinaigrette!

Yum yum!!!!
  • forsettii
    forsettii Posts: 29
    Options
    I usually order the following:

12' Oven Roasted Chicken on Honey Oat.
    -American Cheese (2 Slices - Give me some but down 40 Calories).
    - Spinach
    - Lettuce
    - Tomatoes
    - Cucumber
    - Green Peppers
    - Red Onion
    - Salt and Pepper
    - Vinegar and Oil (Sometimes)
    - Light Strip of Ranch for flavor.

I use the meal function to add all the individual parts together I find that easier for going back to it later:

Subway - Tomato (3 Wheels), 68 g 10 2 0 0 0 2
    Subway - Lettuce (Per 6" Sub), 42 g 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Green Peppers, 12 inch serving 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Red Onion (6 Inch), 14 g 0 2 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Cucumbers, 12 inch serving 10 2 0 0 0 0
    Subway - Processed American Cheese, 6 ' sub (2 triangles) 11g 40 1 4 2 200 0
    Subway - Oven Roasted Chicken Breast 6" on Honey Oat, 12 " 640 98 9 46 1,500 14
    Total: 700 105 13 48 1700 16

Biggest issue is the "sodium" most of the lunch meats.

Sometimes I do the Roast Beef, however, it costs about $1.25 had more sodium (1870 vs 1700) but saves 10 calories.
    Since Chicken is on Special this month I have been eating it.
  • ptg_
    ptg_ Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't have a sandwich suggestion. But, I would say if you haven't tried the sweet onion sauce you should. It is delicious.
  • crownedbee
    crownedbee Posts: 10
    Options
    I always order a six inch Turkey on flatbread. Cheese, all the veggies I want (I usually get spinach instead of lettuce because it's more nutritious) and mustard. Sometimes salt and pepper and vinegar if I'm feeling it that day.

If turkey, oven roasted chicken, or buffalo chicken are a $5 footlong deal for the month, I'll get a twelve inch and eat the other half for lunch the next day.
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    First, I'll just say I cut calories on Subway sandwiches by always ordering wheat bread and by asking the Subway guy to "carve out the bread." I like the bread to be kind of a "shell" for the ingredients, so I can still taste it but I don't have as much filler (or calories!). I also ask any sauce they put on it to be put on very sparingly, and I never use any of the full-fat sauces.

I like a 6" Turkey on Wheat w/ provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, (obviously you don't have to get these if you don't like them), extra olives, light on the honey mustard and sweet onion sauce, and olive oil/vinegar (they usually put WAY too much of this on, so when I ask for it I specify "Just a tiny bit--one small squirt across"). If you don't like the lettuce and tomatoes I think cucumber and sprouts or spinach would do the trick.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This months $5 special, oven roasted chicken:
    wheat bread
    american cheese
    spinach
    banana pepper
    tomatoes
    jalapeno
    spicy mustard

I eat half for lunch (360 calories) and the other half for dinner.

If you go to their website, it will allow you to build your sandwich with condiments to see what the calories and nutrition will be.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you could try a salad, theyre really good and I eat them all the time.
    MY best suggestion though is the sweet onion chicken teriyaki. THe sauce is so sweet and yummy and its fat free. I like it on wheat and in my salad, if I get a salad i always go no cheese, and add basically everything else they offer besides the shredded lettuce and cherry hots.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I like the teriyaki onion.

I am HIGHLY suspicious of the oven roasted chicken breast. Why are all the patties identical?
    Bet it's made from pink chicken paste.

..And everything from subway is a massive sodium bomb...
  • letsgetskinny88
    Options
    steak n cheese on a wrap w bbq sauce
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    mmm subway...

I order this:
    turkey & ham
    honey oat
    sweet onion & honey mustard
    lettuce