HOT HOT HOT by the HOLIDAYS (yes, they're coming up)!

Options
Hello all! With July just around the corner, that puts us only 4 months away from Halloween, 5 months from Thanksgiving and 6 months from Christmas/New Years/Holiday season. I know that sounds SO far away, but here is the thing, it goes by fast! :) I know all those holidays are actually a little longer than that, but the goal is to be fit by that month and I mean, not all holiday parties are actually on Christmas! I have gone to holiday parties as soon as 2 weeks prior!

This is a thread for people who want to lose weight, get healthy/fit and get HOT HOT HOT for the Holidays! Perhaps you want to fit into the Halloween costume of your dreams, your "goal" party dress/tux, or maybe just want to look great for tailgating in the Fall. Maybe you are working on health, overall toning and flexibility... Or maybe, you are just sick of yo-yo dieting and want to make a change... A lifestyle change... No matter what you motivation, the time is NOW.

So many people try to lose weight FAST and cut too many calories. Sure, it may work for a few months, maybe even more. However, the body cannot sustain low calories for a long amount of time, your metabolism has slowed down and slowly the weight piles back on. I know, because I have done this before. Yes... It's true. I am a yo-yo dieter... Ask yourself, have I gained and lost the same 5, 10, 20+ pounds over and over? If so, then it's time for a new plan! :D

Sure, there will still be working out, diet changes and some mental work involved, but the difference is that we are going to go SLOW AND STEADY! Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? Slow and steady WINS THE RACE! And in this case, it's the race of life!

Imagine in only 6 months or 1 years time (depending on how much you have to lose), having a whole new life, body, and mindset!!!! Think of all the time you spend worrying about dropping pounds for this event, or squeezing into this dress, or just all the negative talk about yourself because you want to lose weight... What if... What if you NEVER had to worry about that again!?!?!? What if when you were with your friends you weren't talking about the "future weight loss you want," but instead talked about dream vacations, dream jobs or positive dreams in general?!!?! Imagine all the extra time and energy you would have to do new things and create new goals (not just fitness related), if you weren't constantly thinking about "losing weight," "getting fit," or "how you look."

While it sounds impossible, I am here to say it's COMPLETELY POSSIBLE! :D And I'm going to do it! :D

I have been on MFP and I love it! I Love the encouragement, I love the friends I have met (both in AZ in person and on the site from all over the world) and I love the easiness of tracking ones calories on mobile devices, laptops, ipads, etc. I have lost 20 pounds on this site, reset my ticker and am now going for the last 20ish pounds! Those last pounds are stubborn which is why i am going for the "Slow and steady" lifestyle change! I invite you to join me!

WORKOUTS: I don't care what you do, in fact, I want you take this time to figure out what you LIKE... no LOVE doing. Something that you can't live without! For me, that is Turbo Fire! I love it and no matter what other workouts I do, I always come back to it! My game plan for working out is to do what I want, as long as it's burning calories, intense and I get it done.

I will be doing mostly cardio, but of course adding in some strength training, and always doing some flexibility as it helps progress your other workouts. I love barre, yoga and pilates, biking, hiking, dancing, and dancing/jumping around! LOL

If you need any advice on workouts, just write in this thread! I have numerous dvds, almost all of the Beachbody workouts, and have my own channel on Youtube where I have MANY workouts on there for free! :D

So, I hope some of join me and we can be an inspiration/support for each other!
I leave you with this: Do What You Love and let's work at being FIT FOR LIFE! :)

“If you try something and it doesn't work, try something else. If you're injured, switch gears and focus on another aspect of your fitness until you heal. Never stop searching for the right workout and schedule until you create exactly what works for you. When you find it, don't be swayed by fads, the opinion of others or even the experts. Doing what you love is the surest way to ensure you will be fit for life.” –Liz Neporent, a spokesperson for the American Council on Exercise and author of Fitness for Dummies, 4th edition

Replies

• Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Id love to join you , your so motivational! Time goes by very fast I know! Everyday is important to eat right and move..lets do this! What is your channel? I love "Blogilates" by Cassey
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will love to joing you!! I have 25-30 lbs to lose.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude!!!! Would love to join you in being fit for life!!!
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your so positive!! I'm there!! I plan on having my beachbody when we go to Mexico for christmas 2013.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    WOOOO! I'm so excited! This is going to be a great thread! I can already tell! Invite your friends, family or anyone else who really needs a GROUP a family! I am thinking of keeping it open until the end of the month and then closing it. Only because I really want us ALL to get to know each other. So yes, here we go! Today was my rest day, so I did yoga in the morning to stretch out my muscles! Tomorrow though, woooo... I have Turbo Fire and Barre in the morning and then will be doing Jillian MIchael's Get Ripped in 30 at night with my husband... Something tells me I'll be sore on Tuesday! LOL All of my week through next Sunday are planned out! :)

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PLAN OF ATTACK FOR THE NEXT WEEK! I RECOMMEND PLANNING OUT YOUR NEXT 7-10 DAYS. DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE REST DAYS IN THERE! ALSO, IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING OUT, GO SLOW. 3-4 TIMES A WEEK IS PLENTY, NO NEED TO GET AN INJURY AND START DOING 6-7 DAYS! LOL

ALSO, IF YOU NEED A PHYSICAL PAPER CALENDAR, YOU CAN GOOGLE PRINTABLE CALENDARS.COM. OR YOU CAN USE YOUR IPHONE/SMARTPHONE/GMAIL CALENDAR, ICAL... WHATEVER. JUST DO IT. THAT WAY YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS AND IF YOU LIKE THAT SCHEDULE WITH YOUR HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITIES AND YOUR WORK, MAYBE YOU KEEP IT LIKE THAT NEXT WEEK!

Bridget- You are a Steeler's fan?!?!? LOL I guess I will have to overlook that because you LOVE blogilates! ME TOO! That girl is an inspiration to me! DId you know that she was just named some YOUTUBE FItness expert? OR something like that? I hope that is me next year! Welcome and looking forward to working out with you!!! :D

Jennifer- Welcome! We will most definitely get to know each other since we are in two threads! :D Welcome! We went to Mexico thisSummer for my 30th bday and YES it was fantastic! Where are you going?

LEM_ Awwww, thanks! I have been told it is contagious! Get ready for it, you need a friend, support, let's do it! :D

Jenny- Woooo! Good for us, the last ones are the hardest. I would say focus on your first 5-10 pounds. If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I have about 20 pounds to lose. I'm feeling excited already.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    I would love to join. I have about 20 pounds to lose. I'm feeling excited already.

Excited you say?!?!? Then you are in the right place! WELCOME!
  • wandam1965
    Options
    I would love to join the group for a bit of inspiration and motivation it is now time I loose the weight i need to.
  • scoobug0617
    Options
    Hello! I am definetely needing to join this group. I am at a loss of motivation/will power. I want to lose about 65-70 pounds. Im so tired of the all or nothing attitude I put on myself. Starting tomm I am a new me. Plus my new sweet puppy will need a good walk.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You rock such a great out look and you are so right in a few month time your body changes and when you look back its sooo neat to see the change. Just have to have a positive attitude and when it get's tuff you need to stick with it cuz the hard work is so worth the end results.
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great group to join. When I first started back in Feb my goal was to drop 50lbs by Aug. I got no where and stopped loging on. I am back and ready to get working hard. I have since changed my plan. While I would still like a total loss of 50lbs I have realized just how impossible it is to do it in such a short time. I am getting close to a 10lb loss and have completely changed how I am going about it. Instead of rush, rush, rush and quitting because I am going nowhere instead I am working for a little bit at a time. If it takes me years to get this weight off, oh well I am determined to have fun along the way.

My exercise plan includes a bike ride every morning. I live in Arizona, which means I get up early to sneek it in before it gets to hot. On my rest days I take a slow ride (less than 6 mph). I also try to fit in YOGA everyday as I love the flexability it gives me. I am starting the C25K again I fell off during week three when I was trying to run outside in the afternoon. I also try to do reps at home each day (gym membership soon, I hope, the oldest one needs to start swim lessons and the Y offers daycare so I can take them; work out then take her to swim class).

On days where I just don't have the desire to ride or I get up to late (I have two small children 22 mo and 9 mo so I have to be aware of the heat) I love YouTube and will pick out random never before tried things and give it my best or I have Taebo which is always fun and works my arms like nothing I have ever tried before.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    WANDAM- Welcome! :) You are right, NOW is the time! :)

SCOOBUG- you can do it! It might seem like a lot, but you can totally do it! :) The trick is to BE POSITIVE! Live one day at a time.... And make workouts 7-10 days at a time. While SOME people can do a program like p90x and do all 90 days, I'd say 90% of people can't and then get mad at themselves and feel like a failure! We are here for you! :D

BAGMAN- Thanks! I am a pretty peppy person, sometimes annoyingly so! LOL I am ready to do everything I listed in the first thread. My overall goals are big, and ALL fitness/nutrition/therapy/yoga/travel related... So this is the time, and I'm on it! I used to try to get to a "certain weight," but when I did, I started eating crap here and there and then voila, the weight was back. SO I'm looking for overall lifestyle changes! :D

ABIGAIL (Can I write Abby?)- I think this will be a great group! You are smart to realize that dropping so much weight quickly is really setting yourself up for failure. Which hey, is kinda the American way. We "don't really try," So we can say "we tried," and "therefore didn't fail." Even though we didn't set ourselves up for success! You can do it! Hey, you live in AZ?!?!? ME TOO! I used to work at a yoga studio downtown off Osborn and 7th ave. It since has closed and I am in the process of working in two new studios off the 51 and Bethany Homeish and Glendale area. I also live out by the Cardinals stadium! Not sure what kind of memberships you're looking for , but the best bet BY FAR is to get the fundraiser one for Fitness Works or some other gyms that allow you 3 months for only 20 dollars! My husband and I both did it! Loved the classes, but I guess as a pilates/yoga/barre studio person, I just prefer that atmosphere. But hey, 20 bucks is cheap AND You can use as many as you like and just keep paying less money! Knew plenty of people that did that at Fitness Works! Well, glad you are here, you can do it! And yes, no matter what you lose, the key is to lose!

REMEMBER EVERYONE- BE KIND TO YOURSELF! SURE, WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO LOSE WEIGHT AND WHAT NOT TO EAT AND WHAT TO EAT... BUUUUUUUUUUUT, IF IT WAS THAT EASY WE'D ALL BE SKINNY MINNIES RIGHT? ;P WE SHALL DO IT!

AGAIN I REPEAT- PLAN YOUR WORKOUTS NOW! JUST FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS! FEEL FREE TO MOVE THINGS AROUND, BUT IF YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO WORKOUT SAY A MINIMUM OF 3 TIMES OUT OF THE NEXT 7 DAYS, THAT IS YOUR GOAL! :) EVERYONE WILL HAVE DIFFERENT GOALS, BUT ONLY YOU CAN BE ACCOUNTABLE AND HONEST WITH YOURSELF! :D WE CAN DO IT!

TEAM HOT BY THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!
  • lmais88
    lmais88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    are you creating a group?! If so, I am so on board! love your thread :)
  • abigailmariecs
    Options

ABIGAIL (Can I write Abby?)- I think this will be a great group! You are smart to realize that dropping so much weight quickly is really setting yourself up for failure. Which hey, is kinda the American way. We "don't really try," So we can say "we tried," and "therefore didn't fail." Even though we didn't set ourselves up for success! You can do it! Hey, you live in AZ?!?!? ME TOO! I used to work at a yoga studio downtown off Osborn and 7th ave. It since has closed and I am in the process of working in two new studios off the 51 and Bethany Homeish and Glendale area. I also live out by the Cardinals stadium! Not sure what kind of memberships you're looking for , but the best bet BY FAR is to get the fundraiser one for Fitness Works or some other gyms that allow you 3 months for only 20 dollars! My husband and I both did it! Loved the classes, but I guess as a pilates/yoga/barre studio person, I just prefer that atmosphere. But hey, 20 bucks is cheap AND You can use as many as you like and just keep paying less money! Knew plenty of people that did that at Fitness Works! Well, glad you are here, you can do it! And yes, no matter what you lose, the key is to lose!

BTW Abby is what I usually answer to and for once someone spelled it correctly instead of Abi

The biggest thing I am looking for in a membership is childcare on premisis with the membership price or a little extra added into the monthly fee. I am a SAHM and my significant other (I always feel weird saying that we have been together for almost 10 years and our families just consider the other our spouse) co-owns his own business. He is frequently gone from 5am till anywhere from 8pm to 11pm, I would worry but a) I totally trust him and b) he works with my dad. I tried a 24 hr gym but I could never really get into the grove as I was constantly worried that my youngest was awake and screaming. Dad sleeps through anything and everything. If you know of any other places that offer "free" childcare I would love to hear about it. Until then my goal/dream is the Y since they have childcare and offer swimming lessons, hey two for the price of one is always great.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    ABIGAIL- I would totally check out the Fitness Works if you have them there. They do have daycare on the premises, but I think you have to start paying after you first two weeks is over with the 3 month deal. However, again, 20 dollars for only 3 months is so cheap that you might be able to afford it! Also, at the Fitness Works by my house, they had deals all the time! LIke date nights, where you can drop your kids off in the evening whether you are working out or not! LOL They even had Summer camps and things like that. So it's most definitely worth looking into! :D Oh and spouse of 10 years! I hear you! My husband and I have been together about 9, he has known me for 12 and we have been married since January of 2010~ No need to explain to me! LOL

IMAIS- Join us! Tell us about your goals, dreams and anything else you want us to know! :) Favorite workouts, etc! :D
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Which reminds me- how about we ALL write something tomorrow on the threads, or tonight, to the boards so we can all start to get to know each other! Some of you have already done it- but if you haven't, just a short story about your weight loss woes and weight loss accomplishments, what you are looking for, what you like to do to workout, favorite foods, colors, what gets you motivated, what Holiday you are thinking of to be Hot for! You know, silly getting to know you stuff! :D

ALSO- DRINK LOOOOOTS OF WATER! My tip is that if you aren't drinking half of your body weight in ounces, then go out, get a fancy fun cute bottle and carry it everywhere. Remember, BPA FREE! I have about 5 special metal water bottles that I use and I LOVE THEM! It helps me drink MORE than enough water, which is important in the 110+ AZ heat!

You can go click on my profile to find out about me! :) But quickly, I love music, people, dancing, my cats, all animals, my husband, dreaming, meditating, laying in the grass, swimming, the beach, popsicles, tea, playing board games, blankets, facials, workout clothes, motivating people, navy blue (my wedding dress was navy blue)!

My goals are to get fit so I can reach my dream of starting my own youtube channel where I post various workouts, receive my nutrition certification, own my own studio/business/health and wellness center where I can teach yoga, pilates, cardio, barre, sell my vegan chocolates and paintings, give out nutrition advice, have a small library there, work with children for charities through yoga, and to someday release dvds and tour the world speaking about health and all things positive! Oh, also to have my own fitness line of products including, but not limited to clothes, accessories, lotions/skincare line, yoga bags, writing a book... Of course staying happily married, juggling a family and traveling is included in this! Oh and my background is basically spiritual transpersonal somatic psychology ! Meaning, I believe that we can heal ourselves through our minds/body connection and drugs should be a last resort, and that we all have a journey to embark on which means learning to deal with the ups and downs of life and to find the balance... And the psychology part of it is that I have a BA in psychology and just love people, their minds, what makes them tick and I AM CONSTANTLY THINKING, MOVING AND CREATING! :D

There, I put it out the Universe! LOL It's this new thing I'm trying. Trying to DREAM BIG! :) I know it's typical to keep dreams to ourselves because of embarrassment, but let's get it out there!!!!!

Add that to your introductions! If you could do anything no money issues or jobs getting in the way, what would it be?!!?!?
  • abigailmariecs
    Options
    A little bit about me...... My name is Abigail or Abby for short. I love to listen to music and dance (only if I am at home). Don't ask me who sings what song because I honestly don't know I turn the radio on, spin the dial and just work with whatever comes on for the day. I also LOVE to READ!!!!! I am a stay at home mother of two a Daughter Bella 22 mo. and a Son James 9 mo. I am attending school full time to get a teaching degree. My goal is to never have to use the degree but one thing I have learned is life likes to throw curve balls and I prefer to be prepared.

We love kids and would like to have a family of 4-5 of our own children and our life long dream is to adopt two or three siblings. I know sounds kinda crazy but my daughter was my seventh pregnancy and the first successful full-term birth. We like most, first started looking at adopting an infant but the more research we did the more my heart went out to the older (5 and up) kids. Then we stumbled onto a page with hundreds of siblings that wanted nothing more then to stay together. So that is how our dream was born. After raising all those kids we are interested in becoming a long-term foster parents. Nothing keeps you young like children.

Now that you know a little bit about me on to my goals. Originally I wanted to lose weight for August. It is my 10 year High School Reunion. Now I have realized that it is just not going to happen that fast so instead my goal is to be physically fit. I was always the heavy one and I decided that enough was enough. My new dream goal is to lose a total of 50 lbs by my sister's wedding next June. I have already lost 9.5 of the 50 and if I don't make it, oh well, my brother is getting married the following Sept. so I have another date to try to make it by. For me it is going to be less about time frame and more about making positive changes in my life so I don't yo-yo again.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Sad to be thinking about the holidays in June. I'm going to pretend I never saw this thread.
  • abigailmariecs
    Options
    ABIGAIL- I would totally check out the Fitness Works if you have them there. They do have daycare on the premises, but I think you have to start paying after you first two weeks is over with the 3 month deal. However, again, 20 dollars for only 3 months is so cheap that you might be able to afford it! Also, at the Fitness Works by my house, they had deals all the time! LIke date nights, where you can drop your kids off in the evening whether you are working out or not! LOL They even had Summer camps and things like that. So it's most definitely worth looking into! :D Oh and spouse of 10 years! I hear you! My husband and I have been together about 9, he has known me for 12 and we have been married since January of 2010~ No need to explain to me! LOL

Good to know I will check it out later next week. I am headed to a wedding in CA this weekend so I am going a little crazy trying to get everything ready to go.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude, and would love to join you. I have been really down motivational wise, and I think this is just the ticket to restart my attitude. Thanks for the positivity.