Meanings behind dreams

Options
For as long as I've been of childbearing age,I've kept having the same type of dream: I have a son, aged between 1 and 4. Its just me and him and we're always in a place that I've never been before. But as of 2 days ago, the dream changed to me having a daughter and we're in the house I grew up in. In reality I don't have any kids. Do you think these dreams have any meaning? Or have you had any reoccurring dreams?

Replies

• takelia
    takelia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a dreamer as well & I believe that recurring dreams are dreams designed to get us a message; my method was to pray & seek God for answers & he always came through (I'm not trying to offend anyone with my beliefs or upbringing) if that's not ur thing, I still suggest that u try to figure out what the meaning is behind ur dreams best of luck to you 
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I always always have recurring dreams.
    1. a life post-apocalypse dream (survival)
    2. my ex-boyfriend and I in some strange apartment together, or somewhere like a train terminal or large mall. (making sense of a bad breakup, me finding what went wrong [analyzing])
    3. me, starting a job in a very big-brotheresque company (fear of future, adult life) :)
    and other various dreams...

Normally, when these happen, it's usually my mind trying to make sense of events in my past, or planning for possible events in my future. Try to pick out the symbolism. Emotions. :)
    Don't take them too seriously. Normally it's just for us to help clear our minds.
  • slpknt84
    slpknt84 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm thinking mine might be my subconscious telling me im ready to start a family. At least that's what I want it to mean.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't put much stock in dreams having any prescient meaning. The only times I have recurring dreams seems to be when there is something stressful going on in my life.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Children in dreams could mean new opportunities. Since you've had a reoccurring dream change up on you, you might be faced with an extra opportunity or obligation in your life. And since the location changed from a strange place to now the house you grew up in, perhaps this new opportunity might have something to do with unfinished business from your past.