New to MFP as of 6/17/12

Options
I just joined MFP today, I have over 100lbs to lose and I thought this group would be a great place to start! This is a huge step for me because I have never joined a support site before. I have been struggling with my weight most of my adult life, and many times have met my goal, however to only put all the weight back on again. So my first step on this journey of well being, was to find support and some new friends who can identify with my frustrations. I know what I need to do to get healthy and fit, my problem is staying healthy and fit and not to fall back into bad habits. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and finding the support to help hold me accountable as well as share my successes with others. Thanks for listening! My Inspirational Quote of the Day: "Life is an echo; what you send out comes back."

Replies

• jojo3937
    jojo3937 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • ashleygx26
    ashleygx26 Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! I have recently hit the 60 pound mark and have 20 more to go... I know it's not 100 pounds, but it's close. Add me if you are looking for motivation!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....new here too (a week ago Thursday). Same deal on eating, I find myself in the kitchen when I'm bored. Long long journey to go for me as well. One day at a time....One pound at a time. I didn't put it all on overnite, I can't expect it to just drop off overnite (but dang, wouldn't that be great!!!) LOL
  • TransformationOfADIVA
    TransformationOfADIVA Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all, newbie here from Pittsburgh. I am 28 years old and been using MFP for a little over two weeks. I have been on my weight loss journey seriously since March 2011, I started out doing Weight Watchers which I love, but, due to financial reasons had to stop for now. I did well and lost 20lbs by Nov 2011 but due to a family tragedy I gained it all back and was 5lbs over my original starting weight of 310. Since April I have lost 10lbs total and even accomplished my goal of participating in a 5k. I am very serious about this journey because one of my biggest goals/dreams in life is to be an active mother and do all I can to have a healthy and active family when God blesses me with one.

Feel free to add me, I am always looking to make new friends and gain new support and encouragement.
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! Congrats on taking the step to get healthy and lose weight! Feel free to add me for support and encouragement. But beware, I AM always brutally honest and, I take what I'm doing on this site and in my life, very seriously! I've been at this over 470 days and I'm a firm believer that eating right and exercising does work, if you give it your all!