Anyone losing weight for their wedding?

Options
Hi! I recently started using my MFP account again because I have just over a year til I walk down the asile. I'm 23 and hope to lose at least twenty pounds (and keep it off!) Before I didn't have anyone on here for support or advice so if you're also losing weight for your big day add me as a friend!

Replies

• Ambo00
    Ambo00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amberly and 30. I'm working towards my best friends wedding/bachelorette party. The party is in September and in Vegas! Wedding is in November.
  • etay888
    etay888 Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow! A bachelorette in Vegas would be all the motivation I'd ever need!
  • amykoa
    amykoa Posts: 10
    Options
    Working toward a wedding this September. Feel free to add me :)
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    Me! Summer 2013 wedding!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am technically married, but I am losing weight for the reception we plan to have around October and November. My husband is in the military so we married before he left.
  • shanc84
    shanc84 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am! Getting married this September 2012, so only about 3 months to go and hoping to lose at least 10 lbs before that time, trying my best!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in August. 2 months from tomorrow!!! I'm 22 years old, will be 23 next week. Unfortunately, I only have until the end of June to lose whatever I lose and then I have to maintain until after the wedding so I don't incur a ton of alteration costs/rush fees. But then after the wedding it's game on. I'd like to lose 38lbs by Christmas. I wish I'd truly started and stuck with working out long before now so I could be at my goal weight for my wedding but at least I'm getting started now.
  • luckykarma83
    luckykarma83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in Vegas in December and so I'm trying to get in really good shape before that. Anyone on here feel free to add me!! :) Good luck everyone with your weight loss!
  • luckykarma83
    luckykarma83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dee - Better late than never! Good luck!
  • laurenbona
    laurenbona Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My wedding isn't for a couple of years (Summer 2015), but my goal is to get down to around 145 (which is a 40 lb loss for me), and tone all of my junk before we take our save the dates and all of those pics. I really want to keep the weight off and create habits that I can take into my marriage to continue to look good, for my man and myself!
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose weight for my Sept. wedding! I have already lost 12 pounds and have about 6 or 7 more to go and then I will reassess. Mostly I want to look good in my bikini on the honeymoon :) I've found the support on here to be VERY helpful! Good luck on your journey!
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    December 2012! 6 months and 20lbs to go :) im the same age and target as you but i got lesser time lol!! wish me luck!!
  • julyjiggle
    Options
    I feel you! I am getting married in 10 months and I don't want our wedding photos to look like a matchstick married a tomato!
    I have gone up and down in weight my whole life and am pretty sick of it. It takes up too much space! its like constantly having three wardrobes.
    If you want extra support add me!
  • MrsKillough
    MrsKillough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too! September wedding, I've lost 8lb so far and have 19lb to go - I don't want to look like I'm disguised as a polar bear in all the pictures.
  • julyjiggle
    Options
    Good luck! when in doubt ... just think of the white dress and the piece of cake you get to eat on the special day.... that always helps my resolve.
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am, but not set a date yet.
  • etay888
    etay888 Posts: 17
    Options
    Don't worry about it! My mom gave me some of the best advice when I was trying on dresses- find one that fits the body you have NOW and if you lose wiehgt, it will look even better. If not you still look good. Words to live by.