Baby spinach leaves
    Red onion
    Roma tomato, diced
    hard boiled egg, chopped
    Sweetcorn (canned)
    Sriracha hot sauce
    1 tsp mayonnaise

Looking forward to it!
  • I always have a wholemeal pitta bread or wrap with cooked meat and lettuce, 2 little fromage frais and some fruit. And if I'm feeling naughty I might have some crisps/chocolate/both from the vending machine. And always at least 2 cups of water
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Huge tub of salad with tuna in brine usually.
    Sometimes take a flask of skinny soup with added prawns
    I also take an apple, tub of grapes, weight watchers yoghurt and a cheese string.
    I snack on pine nuts,green tea, black coffee.
    ^^ i take this aswell, minus the cheesestring....always take a soup and salad, various meat in salad - chicken/turkey or tuna
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    I usually prepare my meals on a Sunday for the week ahead. This week I've grilled chicken breast on the George Forman and put a portion of it in with 1/2 cup of brown rice. At work, I'll get a tablespoon of peanut butter, cayenne pepper and a teaspoon of soy sauce and mix it with some boiling water. I then have the most delicious satay sauce ever which I then pour over the chicken. I'll also have some frozen veges with it too.

Tuna and rice is another favourite.
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    most days i have a large bowl of special k with a yogurt and some fruit. today is pineapple and a banana. this is only for convenience. i can bring in a box of cereal and a carton of milk on mondays and thats my preperation done for the week!
    if i am not being so lazy i have a chicken or feta cheese salad
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    I do a lot of leftovers, sandwiches, fruit, raw veggies. Mostly leftovers.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    I have been eating lean cusine/smart ones/healthy choice almost every work day (days I'm not travelling that is) for probably 10 years. I'm sick of them. Sometimes I will bring a salad but don't always have any protein readily availableto add to it.

So... what do you eat during your workday?

I usually have salmon and cucumber sandwiches at work, I make them myself rather than buy them readymade, that way I control how much salmon is there and how much spread I stick on the two slices of bread.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Mine varies, and I think that's important as getting bored of your food is not good.

I go through various phases.....such as;

Sandwiches (current one). Today I am having a beef and mustard sandwich with lettuce & tomato and a bag of Hula Hoops for 391 calories.
    I also go down the Tuna salad route. Chop the salad the night before and then buy the 'no drain' tuna to add fresh at the time. Or tuna and pasta for something a bit more comforting.
    Soup and bread is another love in colder weather.
    I'm also a fan of noodles Shin Cups to be specific which I will bulk out with stir-fried veg if I'm at home.

Personally I'd say get creative as it's a great tool to learn the calorifc properties of foods and the variety that is actually available to you. A bit of preperation really does go a long way. x
  • Yum!!! Thanks for the idea!
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    I do the lean cuisine thing too. I also get the chunky microwavable soups by Campbell.
    Only thing I've noticed is that I can only finish half before I feel like exploding (each thing is 2, 120 cal servings) but then I'm hungry like 2 hours later. XD
  • Boppinbird
    Boppinbird Posts: 76
    I alternate between 3 types of meals for lunch at work:

Salad with chicken or tuna in spring water (drained) with a tbsp of low fat mayo
    1 weight watchers wholemeal pitta bread with chicken or tuna salad
    Wholemeal bread sandwich with tuna and low fat mayo, cucumber and lettuce leaves
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    I always take in a home made wrap.. just chicken, cucumber slices and mustard.. and have either a banana or low fat yoghurt with it..
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    bump
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    All sorts, we have a microwave, so in winter I can brings soups etc. Today is tuna nicoise salad made with sweet potato cubes, tuna, 2 eggs, rocket and olives. Ive also got an apple and almond butter and some date bites (I blended some dates in the food processor, rolled into balls and rolled in sesame seeds) :)
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    I generally will eat leftovers from dinner or just get a salad. I always pre-plan but of course there are times when I just can't do that. I also like soup for lunch. I read something before that says eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    For lunch most days I have the following:

80g Strawberries
    80g Raspberries
    80g Blueberries
    85g Vanilla low fat Yoghurt
    20g granola mix
    2 fresh apricots or another piece of fruit
    2 ginger snap biscuits

Easy, tasty and I find quite satisfying.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    For lunch most days I have the following:

80g Strawberries
    80g Raspberries
    80g Blueberries
    85g Vanilla low fat Yoghurt
    20g granola mix
    2 fresh apricots or another piece of fruit
    2 ginger snap biscuits

Easy, tasty and I find quite satisfying.

Dang! I seriously want to try that myself!!!
  • I started drinking Arbonne protein shakes. Just add water. I usually throw a banana in mine. Same calories as a lean cusine and it tastes a lot like a banana milkshake or banana pudding. I'm still learning variations of it but it's very filling and quick. I'm not a big fan of shakes but these are sweet and very good. Some days I can't wait to drink them. Thanks for posting this. It's given me some ideas to change things up. Can't do shakes all the time.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    My lunch is always 5oz of grilled chicken breast with 4-5 oz of baked sweet potatoes. I don't have a lot of time during the week to prep my food for each day, so I spend a few hours on sunday baking my sweet potatoes, grilling my chicken and then portioning everything out into seperate containers. That way, I know I'll be getting the macros I need each day and the night before, I simply load up my cooler bag with the next day's lunch so that way I'm good to go.

I do on occasion, however, find myself working at a different location, and in that case I try to either find a Subway (turkey on wheat) or Chipotle (salad with steak, hot sauce and cheese), but those days are rare and don't affect my diet all that much.

I also avoid all of the frozen meals like the plague. They're loaded with sodium, don't provide me with enought protein for my needs and the taste on them is hit or miss as well.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    I usually prepare my meals on a Sunday for the week ahead. This week I've grilled chicken breast on the George Forman and put a portion of it in with 1/2 cup of brown rice. At work, I'll get a tablespoon of peanut butter, cayenne pepper and a teaspoon of soy sauce and mix it with some boiling water. I then have the most delicious satay sauce ever which I then pour over the chicken. I'll also have some frozen veges with it too.

Tuna and rice is another favourite.

OMG that sounds YUMMY!!