Question

Options
I just want to make sure of something before I get my hopes up.

Is it possible to lose 4-5 pounds in a weeks time? Last time I checked my scale (about a month ago), I was at about 230 pounds. I checked it at the beginning of last week (when I started exercising and such) and was at 229 pounds. Now I'm at 225 pounds. I don't know how old the scale is, and I'm on a hardwood floor...

I mean, is it possible? I started minimizing how much I eat, and I also started running 3 miles a day.

Replies

• TamaraHaase
    TamaraHaase Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    depending on how much you weigh, it is very possible. Also, last week you could have been retaining water so you may have actually weighed a bit less. And most people usually see pretty decent numbers their first couple of weeks. It's not uncommon for a scale to vary 4-5 pounds in A DAY, let alone a week. It's just the circadian rhythms of our bodies.
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    It could be water weight.. not sure.
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    It is totally possible. I would also start weighing yourself at the same time of day every time you decide to weigh in.
  • LatentColors
    Options
    I suppose it could be water weight, but I'm pretty sure I was around 230 for a while. Thanks you three~! @KristiL: I will! Thanks!
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    Of course its possible, especially if your eating less and exercising more and well done.
    I would recomend that you weigh yourself at the same time of day each week though so you get an accurate result from the scales :))