-net

Options
Why are negative net calories bad? Wouldn't I lose weight faster if I ate 1500 calories a day then workout 2000+ 6 days out of the week?
What are the faults in my plan?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a basic amount of calories just to survive - to digest food, grow hair, for organ function. By not eating enough, you aren't giving your body its basic needs. You can try eating 1500 calories a day and burning 2000 calories a day - it'll work for temporary weight loss. But, I assure you ... it won't take your body long to realize what's going on and to stop ALL weight loss.

I can easily lose weight and eat 2100-2200 NET calories a day. There's a whole group on this site that eats more and still loses weight... why wouldn't you want to be able to eat, be healthy AND lose weight?
  • beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a basic amount of calories just to survive - to digest food, grow hair, for organ function. By not eating enough, you aren't giving your body its basic needs. You can try eating 1500 calories a day and burning 2000 calories a day - it'll work for temporary weight loss. But, I assure you ... it won't take your body long to realize what's going on and to stop ALL weight loss.

I can easily lose weight and eat 2100-2200 NET calories a day. There's a whole group on this site that eats more and still loses weight... why wouldn't you want to be able to eat, be healthy AND lose weight?

well said
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    so you shouldnt burn more calories than you take in?