200 to 185 in one month!

Options
2»

Replies

• MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! you can see such a difference. Keep up the good work.
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME, and you look amazing!

My first month was probably pretty dangerous. I went from 266 to 241 in 30 days - 25 pounds. However, I lived a very sedentary liffestyle (worked on a computer all day, mostly from home), ate total crap all day, and laid on the couch at night. Jumped headfirst into healthy eating and exercise all at once, and my body just melted away for the first 4-6 weeks. It's stabilized now (just under 216, but still dropping weight...only slower).

I hear ya-I don't expect these results every month, but I can tell you it is a real motivator!

I also have a desk job, and spend about 2 hours of my day commuting, and on top of it, until January, when I got home I would be sitting and studying. I was extremely sedentary! I also had been vegetarian for almost 10 years, but due to the lack of time/energy, my meals went from veggie based to carb based...a ton of pastas and ready to eat meals. Recipe for disaster.

I plan to go buy a measuring tape so i can be sure to record my non-scale victories as well.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Big difference there! Nice job.
  • batdad2k12
    batdad2k12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. Next month, you might not lose as much, but don't get discouraged. Think of it as a marathon race. Keep your eye on the finish line and don't worry about the mile markers in between. Great job so far!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow, great results! You can definitely tell your core is tighter (thanks Jillian!).

I also did 30 Day Shred while training for a half-marathon, had great results. Doing Ripped In 30 now (although it's taking me more like 50 days). Will do 6 Week 6 Pack next. Love all of her DVD's!!
  • NessaChilds
    NessaChilds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • CassandraMarie3
    Options
    Wow, great results! You can definitely tell your core is tighter (thanks Jillian!).

I also did 30 Day Shred while training for a half-marathon, had great results. Doing Ripped In 30 now (although it's taking me more like 50 days). Will do 6 Week 6 Pack next. Love all of her DVD's!!

Haha, Jillian and I have a love-hate relationship. I love that I don't get bored with her workouts (and loving that I even HAVE a core now!) but not a fan of her negative talk. Her DVDs do work though. I have the 30 day shred to finish up, and then I am going to do the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism one, and then move on to the No More Trouble Zones. By then, I think i'll be ready for a switch. Anyone done TurboFire?
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    great progress, congrats!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results in just one month, wow!!
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, and def inspiring as I am your starting weight, and really need to get my *kitten* in gear!!! here is to logging the next month and achieving the same results =)
  • violavi
    violavi Posts: 21
    Options
    Great Inspiration!
  • jholland99
    jholland99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Doing a couple of different things helps keep it interesting and u dont get bored.

keep at it!!! u do feel good when u eat right and see the improvements

Cheers to u and new friends to help us stay on track :)
  • chill017
    chill017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how often are you doing the 30DS and the C25K? I have the dvd, and I want to start running more frequently, Just looking for an idea, since my start weight is the same as yours, and I'd love to get down to 185 within the next 30 days!
  • CassandraMarie3
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how often are you doing the 30DS and the C25K? I have the dvd, and I want to start running more frequently, Just looking for an idea, since my start weight is the same as yours, and I'd love to get down to 185 within the next 30 days!

At first I was doing 30 day shred 6 days a week, and that was it. About a week and a half ago I incorporated the couch to 5k. My muscles were so, so sore the day after week 1, day 1. I would recommend going every other day with the couch to 5k to start, and continue with the 30DS. But, it all depends on your body! Push yourself, but don't injure yourself :)
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Wow! Awesome!,,
  • Mheisey86
    Mheisey86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • CassandraMarie3
    Options
    I want to share my success over the last 30 some odd days, because I can hardly believe it is true! My last semester of college I put on 22 pounds. Over the last month, I have lost 15 of those pounds! I have been religiously logging everything I eat on MFP, making sure I am active each day, and turning to these message boards for inspiration. I have been doing JM 30 Day Shred (still on level 2) and started up Couch 2 5k as well.

I took these photos yesterday and can definitely see a difference from the photos I took at the end of May! It took a lot of guts for me to take the before pictures (yikes!), but I am glad to use it as inspiration throughout this process. Unfortunately I did not take measurements, but I can see inches and pounds coming off, so I am happy! I am only 1/4 to my goal, so there's a long way to go, but I wanted to let people know you can see results in as little as a month if you stick with it!

**sorry about the large photo! i could not, for the life of me figure out why that one wouldn't resize like the others!

200 (~May 15th)

photo-2.jpg

185 (~(June 15th)

photo-1.jpg

200 (~May 15th)

photo-3.jpg

185 (~(June 15th)

photo.jpg

If I can do it, you can too!!

Here are some updated photos after an additional 5 pound loss. 20 pounds down total!

photo-5.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-2-1.jpg
  • rsbrace
    rsbrace Posts: 30
    Options
    super!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!