excersizing while on your period!

Options
2»

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The low energy is what really gets to me - I get all whiny and wimpy and feel like I can't push as hard as I usually do. But I try my best to bring forth that strong woman I know is inside and do the very best that I can. Sometimes it's good to take a semi-rest day (just do something low key like walking) but usually you can push past and do just as well as any other day.

As far as hunger goes, your body is working hard at doing something it doesn't the other 25 or so days of the month so technically you do need more calories (I've read sources that say 200-300). Just try not to let it be an excuse to eat the junk you're probably craving - keep it healthy! And definitely keep the water coming to battle the bloat.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I def hop out and go to the gym or walk my 5 miles while on my cycle.
    Makes me feel as though i've conquered something.

granted i use nuvaring and my cycle is no where near painful/debilitating so it may be easier for me to do.
  • jsfoley1
    jsfoley1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I totally do. I went to spin class yesterday, and I thought I was going to die.
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    This months was the hardest for me! But I get super paranoid when I'm on mine and workout even harder than when it's off because I'm afraid I'll gain (silly I know lol) it does help with the cramping (at least some what, though mine are usually pretty rough)
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I keep going. For some reason it seems like every time I race TOM is there with me. TOM decided to start just before my last half marathon. I talked to a couple of my running buddies and they have the same problem. You'd think stress would make TOM stay away. Oh well.
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I actually find working out while my period is on relieves my cramps! As of matter of fact as soon as my period comes on I WORK OUT to prevent from cramping altogether! IT WORK FOR ME :wink:
  • jrw423
    jrw423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YES! but mine seems to be the week before my period. Totally mentally and physically drained. I am sure if we push through it we would feel better. But I totally understand, my body feels too weak to do anything and I have absolutely no will power. I want to eat everything, I never feel full after I am finished eating, Afterwards I want to just stretch out and click the remote and snooze. Last week I was like this, I totally gave in to my urges didn't care. Maybe next month I will mentally prepare myself and make myself at least go for a walk if nothing else.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!