Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I have been Trying Hard Everyday :happy:

almosthot SW 226/ GW 143/LW 222/ CW 218 = -4
    pinbotchick SW 237 / GW 140 / LW 225 / CW 221 = -4

Congrats on the weight loss almosthot :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone else had a great week. Thanks for all of the support. Reading everyone's posts helps keep me motivated.
  • manda1111
    Options
    Hey,

not the best week for me. Found out I have a sinus infection and laryngitis. Doc told me to rest and not talk as much as possible. Haven't slept well, so not much energy to work out and was on T.O.M this week too. All in all though it better than it could have been.

SW 198, GW 135, CW 169= 1lbs gain
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    manda1111 SW 198, GW 135, CW 169= 1lbs gain
    jlb123 SW 270/GW 150/LW 246.6/CW 244.0 = -2.6

I'm claiming 1st day of TOM. I can feel my body retaining water everywhere -- even in my face today. :ohwell: I guess that means next week's weigh-in is going to be awesome! :tongue:
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Had a happy weigh in this week.

SW 149
    GW 130
    CW 146 -3 lbs lost since 22 Oct 09

Holiday Challenge- weigh 140 by Jan 1st, 2010

Goals:
    Starting Weight- 149 lbs
    Mini goal- 144 by 27 Nov 2009
    Mini goal- 139 by Jan 1st, 2010
    Mini goal- 134 by Feb 5th
    Mini goal- 132 by Feb 15th, 2010
    Final goal- 130 by Mar 1st, 2010

Fitness Test Goal (January 2010):
    Run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes flat or less
    30” waist or less
    47 push ups in one minute
    54 sit ups in one minute
    Weight 140lbs

191371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    cc_campbell CW 146 -3 lbs lost since 22 Oct 09
    stillkristi sw - 461 / gw - 195 / cw - 280 - 6 lbs

Well, after being all over the map for more than two weeks, with daily fluctuations of as many as seven to ten pounds, I am starting to see the water weight coming off. I'm still not back to my ticker weight, but expect that to happen this coming week.

As far as the holiday challenge goes, well, with weird weight fluctuations going on, I am back to needing to lose 30 pounds. In six weeks. Hmmm... However, I am hopeful. Take care everyone!

Congrats to pinbochick, jib, almosthot, and cc_campbell :drinker: way to go ladies!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, thanks for the reminder Kristi, I forgot to post holiday challenge progress!

Thanksgiving - 240 (30# lost) 4.0 pounds to go! I can definitely do that in 3 weeks.
    New Year's - 225 (45# lost) Just 19.0 pounds to go! I can so do that in 8 weeks. I mean, I just lost 25 pounds in 8 weeks so 19 will be a cake walk, even over the holidays. :wink: Even with my famous cranberry orange pecan cookies... mmmmmm. :tongue:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey all...
    I don't get to weigh in until tomorrow :frown: I was off work today and that's where the scale is. But, I know I'm going to be up. TOM is coming and I'm craving food left and right. Fell off the wagon this week girls. The other night, the boyfriend dragged me to the Golden Corral... it was actually a last second decision while we were out... I did ok. I could have done better... But I thought about how I use to eat at buffets, and I have come a long way... I use to fill my plates and make like three trips. This time I did not fill my plate, and I made small two trips for main food, and then for dessert I got the smallest slice of cake... Like this was super small. But oh well.... this week is pretty much over and it's time to start fresh. I just want TOM to come and be done and over with... I was thinking though that since I started this journey in May I haven't really fallen off the wagon a whole lot. Today I went and got a pair of jeans a size smaller. My jeans are just way too big.. I can take them on and off with out un-doing them. So I got a new pair. But that's about it. I'll check in tomorrow and I just hope that I am not up to much...
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Ok so I have to share this with you guys.... you are the only guys who will truly understand this.. I got new jeans today. I got a pair off the size 12 rack. I tried them on. They were in the ladies section so I was kinda nervous. I'm use to Jrs. Tried them on and fit good. Bought them. Came home and just happened to look at the tag, and guess what size they are.... they are freaking 6's. I swear to you on my life, I changed out of a pair of 13's and slipped on a pair of 6's. How in the world does this work??? I couldn't believe it... I held up my new pair to the old pair and the new pair is half the size of my old pair.... OMG. I can't get over it. Does any one know the conversion of a 6 in ladies to Jrs? I don't mean to brag I really don't it's just not to many people in my life really understand what this means to me except you all....
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    pawprint, I think a 6 ladies is pretty much the same as a size 5 or 7 jrs. Maybe I'm wrong though. But a size 6 is normally tiny. Like, so tiny I never have and never expect to fit in it. :laugh: I've lost 26 pounds and still wear a size TWENTY. So a size 6 is pretty amazing!!

Edit: On another positive note, I had to go to the store on my lunch break to buy a belt because I could *not* keep my pants up to save my life and I figured my coworkers were probably pretty tired of looking at my underwear. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 1 thing that was neat is that I actually found a belt in the ladies' section that fit me (which never happens) and the 2nd thing that was neat is that I bought it without really trying it on but when I got to my car, I had to buckle it on the 4th notch and not the 1st notch like I assumed. :smile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    That's awesome.... that's how I started... I had to go buy the belt... then I had to punch more holes in it because it wasn't doing anything... now if I wear my 13's I have to punch another hole in it. But my 13's are my work pants... so I'm not buying another pair of pants to mess up. My size 6 is going to be the pair that I wear out when I don't want to look like a slob... People weren't believing me when I said I was losing weight because of my 13's... they continued to make me look big. I waited a while to try on jeans and see what size I was in. It's more of a shock and a holy cow look what size I'm in if you wait I think... the numbers in a way don't matter at all... it's all about the clothes and how they fit. way to go on the 26 pounds... that's awesome. I still have my hips which is why part of me says no way in heck am I in a size 6... no way... I even had to show my boyfriend just to prove it to some one ya know?
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Pawprint - YAAAAAYYYY for you! How exciting for you to discover your pants are a 6! That is just fantastic - and I can only imagine how great that makes you feel - It's not bragging dear - that's just your joy!:drinker:

JLB - Glad you ran out and got that belt! Lol! Yayyyy for you too, girl! How exciting to have your clothes falling off! (and I mean that in a very non-perverted sort of way:laugh: )

Almosthot and Pinbotchick - What a great week for both of you! Great job!

Manda - Feel better! Sorry you're sick and TOM at the same time - ICCKKK.:cry:

CC - Yayyyy for happy weigh ins! I love your goals - consistant and long term - smart girl:drinker:

Kristi - I am so happy about the commitment you have to this journey and am so thankful to be on the path with you - thanks for being here! Dang water weight/fluid retention mess:grumble: This too shall pass, I'm just sure of it - that as we become healthier and our healthy habits really dominate, the fluid issues will go away (at least I really really hope so, cuz as of today, I've got no plan B.) Great week for you ~ you little loser, youuuuuuuuu:love:

lulubar sw-205/gw-145/cw- 184 = -1 lb.

Well, as for the Thanksgiving challenge, I'm only down 1 lb with 12 to go..... in 3 weeks! Yeah, I might have to change that to my Christmas goal!

So, I guess we're just staying on this thread for another week ~ works for me:bigsmile: Later gaters~
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am going to try the come back attack again - REALLY I AM. I am just marking the post right now. I will be back with my today's progress tonight.

Congrats to so many of you on doing so good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Well.. I'll get to weigh in in a few hours... I'm nervous. But today I did make it to the park and did some jogging. Not a whole lot, but I got a mile and a half of distance in but I jogged part of it. I wanted the cardio burn feeling today... I got it lol. It's been awhile since I've jogged. I'm hoping to keep at it.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    lulubar sw-205/gw-145/cw- 184 = -1 lb.
    Pawprint-sw-168/gw-130/cw-151=+ 1lb

Well, I gained one pound but I'm not recording it on my ticker because of TOM.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Not a bad starting day for me I burned 794 calories in exercises and drank 10 glasses of water. I was thankful when a friend called and asked me if I wanted to go walking. - It helps when you do it with a friend. Well I just hope I can keep it going tomorrow.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I got my treadmill today. And it kicked my butt. :tongue: In a really really awesome way. I burned 457 calories in 30 minutes alternating brisk walking and running. It's been so long since I last ran.I'm registering for a fun run in February (1 mile). I'll try the 5k or the half-marathon the next year!

This so lame, but I also pulled out my old Dance Dance Revolution game for my Playstation. I just finished playing for 35 minutes. I logged it as aerobic dancing and MFP says I burned almost 300 calories. My HRM said 673 but there's just no way that can be right. :huh: No way, so I don't really know what happened there. I guess I probably didn't clear out the calories from my walk/run earlier because 200-something makes much more sense! Although I feel absolutely ridiculous playing the game, it really is a fun way to burn a lot of calories and really get your heart rate up.

I ate Chinese take out for dinner (bf really wanted it). I ordered off the "lighter fare" menu. Chicken with no oil and steamed veggies with sauce on the side. No MSG, lower sodium, and less oil in the sauce. It was good and SO much better for me than anything else I would've normally ordered since my usuals all involve fried stuff (sweet & sour chicken, sesame bean curd, bean curd home style, vegetable rolls).
  • lulubar
    Options
    JLB - Great work out girl! I used to love DDR! My kids had it and I would play with them - it really is a great workout and fun too. You are doing so well - what a great addition to T.H.E. Team you are:flowerforyou:

LW4M - HEEEEEEEYYYYYY!! (runs to pick you up and swing you around) How great to see you! Welcome back, now you're here with the rest of us that fell off the wagon this summer:grumble: But most of us are back and trying hard again ~ Glad you're with us:drinker:

Pawprint - Good for you for jogging! I don't have TOM anymore, but if I did, I would definately NOT change my ticker for anything that happened in TOM - And what a great victory you had already with the smaller jeans! No worries ~

I had a very active weekend, great exercise, great eating (and by that I mean eating right!) AND I not only fit into an old pair of smaller jeans, but I had to wear a BELT with them:bigsmile: I'm a happy girl.

Have a great week all ~ drink your water, eat your veggies, and move your buns!:heart:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Thanks Lulu for the praise. Well my car is sitting in the driveway with the engine and radiator all torn down. Totally sucks. We were on the high way and we heard a pop. Started smoking out the back of the car and a car pulls up beside us telling us that we're leaking fluid... by the time we get to the first safe spot which is the exit, we coast to a stop and that was it... we thought that it was the transmission. We were pissed.. this would be the second time my cars transmission messed up... my car has a new one in it.. so yeah we got it towed back and turns out it was just a line into the radiator and it's just the radiator. Thank god.. our cost went from a good 2 grand down to a hundred bucks... So we're getting the radiator in tomorrow and gotta go pick it up.. hopefully it all works out.

Where is everyone?
  • lulubar
    Options
    Wow Pawprint - looks like its down to just me and you today!!! So sorry 'bout your car breaking down - that totally stinks:grumble: But definately relieved for you that it was a hose and not the transmission :) Hope you get it fixed soon ~

No exercise today, but ate well and definately moved around a lot getting ready for fallout from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ida. So far, so good for our part of the country. Just supposed to be gusty-windy though the night with tides 5 feet above normal, so some coastal flooding - but all in all, should be really mild for a storm. My fingers are crossed for the rest of the Gulf Coast.

Also, have my niece and sister-in-law staying with me right now ~ my niece had a precious new baby girl last Wednesday, a month premature. The baby is still in the hospital, which is just up the way from my house, so they are staying with me until the baby is released. Lots going on around here~

See you tomorrow ~
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    The only thing about working nights is your sleep is all messed up. O n vacation Monday and Tuesday so I didn't take a small nap so I fell asleep on couch.

Lulu thanks for the welcome back. It feels good and I am really gonna try hard everyday to do this again. I always love your post so keep 'em up please - great motivators.

Pawprint - sorry to hear about your car. I am thankful you have stuck this out and kept posting. Please keep it up.

My main focus is exercising and water right now. I joined a thread on doing 500 calories in 30 days straight. I am up to day three. If you miss a day you start over at day one. I also in aiming for a better weight loss by Christmas than Thanksgiving but to take what loss I get and be ready for a big push in January when a lot of people start pushing it. From right now I would like to be at least 20 pounds lighter by March 15th.