Sugars

Options
How many of you count naturally occuring sugars?

I'm trying to get my sugar levels down to something more manageable and trying not to eat so much refined sugar, but I put in all of my food for today (except dinner) and I'm already way over, but almost all of it is natural. Is this just a losing battle if I count it all?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If I was counting sugars I would count them all, as my liver and bloodstream don't know where they came from or really care.

As it happens I don't count them, but I do count carbs. So you could turn off sugars tracking, or increase the limit, to match your goals.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I count all of mine. I have to be careful with having too much fruits and yogurt. (cut yogurt out completely unless it is sugar free ~ greek yogurt is usually better) I was VERY surprised to learn how much sugar the fruits I was eating had!!)

If I am close or over the limit however, and it has come from natural sources, I don't get too too excited but I still try to keep it down in and around the recommended limits.

(it's not easy either!)
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I stopped displaying my sugar count in my diary as it just wasn't helpful. The carb setting includes sugar so just keep an eye on that one and try to avoid processed carbs, and you'll be fine x