Would you have breast surgery?

Options
Its something I've been thinking about for a while.. I've never liked how my boobs look without a bra and I've never really been confident to wear a bikini that isn't shaped and padded to make my boobs look better.

They used to be okay before I lost weight but I've since realised that I was a D cup because there was obviously a lot of fat in them.. Now it seems to be worse because although they've only dropped down to a C cup I feel as though they've completely changed shape and now sag a lot more than they used to, this wouldn't be a problem if I'd ever had kids or if I was older than 20.

It's actually quite heart-breaking because as my confidence grows for the rest of my body I now hate the only thing I used to love.

If you were in my shoes (which I'm sure a few people actually are) would you consider surgery? At the moment it seems like my only solution to having the boobs I'm happy with.

Replies

• RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's what makes you happy. Will your insurance pay for it? Probably not so that will be out of your pocket. I had a reduction after losing my weight because the top of me did not go down and I looked top heavy. So yes, I did it.

It is a personal choice so what makes you happy. Good luck
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    You are under 20 and have recently lost weight? Give it time. Things tighten up. Do some upper body exercise, too. I don't know if pec exercises (like chest flies and push-ups) help things snap back faster but it can't hurt. I'd finish your weight loss and revisit the topic in a year, if needed.

If it makes you feel better, most of us never looked great bra-less (in our own eyes) at any age. Surgery is pretty drastic.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Have you tried building your pecs up to see if that makes them look less saggy? That's if they really are saggy - is there anyone you can trust for an honest opinion.

There are cases (e.g.) where people lose significant amounts of weight and really do need to have breast implants afterwards, but most of us would probably be happier (and richer) if we accepted what we've got. I'm a 34B/36A and proud.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Go for it.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am considering get a lift and implants after reaching my goal body. My reasons are different but it would make me happy so why not? I breastfed my daughter till 2 years old and well lets just say now the girls go down south and I hate my saggy girls. I want them perky again. I am also barely B cup so I can imagine if I lose more, I will go back to being a full A cup just like I had before kids but just saggy. haha lol sorry.

Anyways, if you want it then why not? Its not something anybody should look down on you on. Most insurance plans wont cover it so you would have to pay for it. But IMO, it would totally be worth it all!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I'd def have the boob job. Mostly just to raise and perk my 38d's up a bit. I've not lost boobage yet in my journey but im headed for another 40 lbs to lose so who knows.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    If you do it and have the money and don't go into huge amounts of debt, more power to you.

Only thing to take into consideration is if you have children it could change your body even more and with the boob job I am not sure if it's recommended before giving birth. I have very limited knowledge on the subject but I've read about it before. Something I would definitely research anyways. :)
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If i had the money i would get my boobs lifted but instead i am going to get fitted and just go buy really nice bras and see if that helps. This is after i lose al lmy weight
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I would wait. I say this only because in my early 20s I went from a C to a D. You might still be growing and would not want to mess that up. Now that I have lost most my weight and I am almost 30 I feel my girls are done changing and if this was something I was considering I would feel safe making the decision now.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Um... trust me, being 20 has little to do with it. I'm 43, and hate my boobs. And yes, i will be having surgery to make them more attractive, probably around december. Too hot to deal with it during the summer. :D

Do bear in mind that if you decide to have kids down the road, breastfeeding may be more difficult with implants, and you will almost certainly have to have them adjusted, since the growth/shrinkage involved with pregnancy and milk production will cause some sag.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Considering surgery myself since I've lost absolutely all of my "girls"!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It's actually quite heart-breaking because as my confidence grows for the rest of my body I now hate the only thing I used to love.

If you were in my shoes (which I'm sure a few people actually are) would you consider surgery?

Yes. I am considering it when I reach my goal weight. Not implants mind you, but a lift or reduction. I'm currently an E cup, down from a G.
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Do you do push ups? If not, definitely start doing them before making a decision on surgery. I've noticed a distinct difference in my post-two-babies breasts since starting to do push ups. They are perkier and less saggy looking.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am happy with what I have now, but if I weren't I would have surgery.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have had surgery. I wasn't looking for a huge confidence boost, I've never really needed one. It was just a way to make an improvement on something that I couldn't change on my own. Most people don't know I've had it done and even those who do know are taken aback at my change in bra size because I measure big but still look proportionate.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I definitely will want breast implants but I know there are issues associated with being able to breast feed. Its the only thing that might delay me until after having kids. Although no idea when/if that'll be haha.
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a lift (and possibly a reduction, if they're still too big) once I reach my goal weight. Unfortunately, after seeing my weight go up and down all my life, and after having 2 kids, I will need to have surgery to get the look I want. In the past when I've lost weight, they are still way too big...so pretty sure I'll be headed for surgery once I hit my goal.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel (otherthen Ive had 2 kids) was a 44E (and bigger when breast feeding..) now a 40D and Im sure they willkeep going down as I lose. They look horrible. If I could ever afford it I would seriouly consider getting something done to lift and firm them. Im only 25 I want to be able to wear cute clothes without a huge ugly bra poking out.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've had a reduction so years ago. Now they do grow back with weight gain, but since being on the journey I'm they are getting smaller. Need to purchase new bras. Check to see if your insurance will pay for it. Check with your doctor also. Having a reduction is the best thing that I could have done. Had it done in my 30's. Need a life, but I'm satisfied with them. Will not go through that surgery again :laugh: Every since I've had the surgery, I have wore nothing but strapless bras and just love that.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on having my breasts done once I reach my final goal. I've only lost about 27lbs so far and have seen a big (not so fun) change in my boobies.

Haven't done any research yet (won't be for a while) so not sure what exactly I will be doing but it's definitely in the cards for me.