When you fall completely off the wagon...

Options
When you fall completely off the wagon what is YOUR way of getting back on or motivated per say. I've fallen off this week and a half so much I gained approximately 5 lbs :/ At the time I didn't care, but now I am so mad at myself :/ Trying to get back on track now.

Replies

• lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Your human and we all fall off the wagon at times...what is great is that you got up and back on! You will have success if you continue to get back on....Take one day at a time and make it count....
    You can do it!!!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I fell off for 3 weeks, but somehow I haven't gained anything! Starting back hard today!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I fell off for 2 weeks (just got back on a week ago) and gained 11lbs in that time! And it was all fat, not water weight, THAT'S how much I ate! It was crazy! I am not sure what made me get back on, just being so grossed out with myself and knowing that I would let my kids/family down if I kept gaining it all back. I have worked way too hard in the last year to just give up now. So I jumped back on and here I am again! Still 5lbs more to get back to what I was before I fell off!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving. Remember how bad falling off made you feel and use that to avoid falling off again. Challenge yourself to stay on for longer periods of time.

The fact that you are here and trying is huge. You will do this and get to your goals.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I felt new levels of awful this morning, and only now am just starting to feel like a human again. Brownies and tortilla chips = severe pain. I didn't even eat until after noon, I was so full and bloated feeling. So, um, that works :P
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon I find that I have to get back on one hour at a time. I gained back 3.5 pounds last week because of a 3-day, emotional breakdown/binge. When I picked myself back up I seriously had to tell myself that I won't overeat this hour. I don't know what will happen later today, but for this hour I'll be good. Repeat every hour until you get through the day.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and look at myself in the mirror - reminds me that I still have work to do and not to slack. When I don't eat well or exercise I tend to feel like complete crap - I get sluggish, tired, get stomach aches, get snappy - thats motivation in itself LOL
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    my stomach motivatesme i hate looking at it oh and sweating on short walks
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    My MFP friends motivate me, as do the forums! I get back on, admit my defeat and everyone is so motivating and encouraging it helps me get back in the right headspace.

It's all a mental thing, so you could try meditation or yoga? Visualise your goals and how you will get back on track!

Or I just punish myself by working out hardcore every day for a week to make up for it :laugh:

Good luck
  • KatNunya
    KatNunya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic - it's Monday and although I wasn't HORRIBLE over the weekend, I wasn't strict either (i.e. granchild's BD party + Father's Day). Still, here it is Monday and I'm feeling like 'what's the use. nothing will ever change'. I find it hard to give in to that attitude after spending a few minutes on MFP. The inspiration is down right catchy! Get back to it, girl.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    it's a new day, and a new start. When you fall down, get up, dust off your rear-end and say, next.... and keep moving forward.:tongue:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Dude you're going to fall off again, it's part of the deal, nobody is 100%. I don't think there's a magic solution for this, one just has to keep on keepin' on..............
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use it as motivation to have a kick-*kitten* week. I had a terrible weekend, terrible. So, last night I went for a run as a start to a new week and have a goal of 2,500 calories burned between today and Friday as penance :) lol.

It just makes me realize I don't want to be that girl again, I don't want to start this process over from the beginning. I am human and I will make mistakes, but will I learn from them? Yes!
  • alodell89
    alodell89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon a few times but coming on here and looking at the success stories always helps me out!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I too have fell off the wagon these last 2 weeks, was sick and then my mom got sick so stess eating. I put on 4lbs but I say today is a new day. I did journal everything I ate was depressing but did not work out those 2 weeks. So increased calories and no exercise means gain.
    So today am going to pick my self up and try again....I did so well for 6 weeks I worked out 4-5 times a week and felt so much better.
    You can do this....a new day a new beginning. :smile:
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Just remember, if you stay off the wagon, you will continue to put weight on instead of taking it off. I want to see the number on the scale go down and fit into my old smaller clothes!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    "When I fall completely off the wagon...I try to land on a cheesecake".

Sorry, couldn't resist! Mmmmm....cheesecake.

Dust yourself off and start over. Don't worry about what happened in the past.
  • TeacherMommy
    TeacherMommy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger problem would be when you no longer try to get back on the wagon :smile:
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    I fell off....3 days now. It helps reading this. :flowerforyou:
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My biggest piece of advice is don't give up. I was down to only 5 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight back in September and now I have gained about 15 or so pounds back which has made me want to give up several times but having MFP helps. Also remember you will have times when you fall off the wagon. Just stick with it and lean on your friends here and surround yourself with positive support. I have two friends who have brought me down and I have had conflict with the last several months but I don't need people like that in my life so I am not focused on them anymore but me. Good luck!!