anybody ever hit ur goal & then fall off the wagon?

Options

Replies

• ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Those stupid wagons have those unyielding wooden wheels. I keep tipping mine over trying to cross streams and then I die of dysentery. New Game.

...amazing! LOL
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Was at 182 (from 243) and then fell off the wagon by not tracking or working out. Went back up to 201 before I realized I needed to buckle back down. I'm at 185 right now and the pounds from 201 to here have been the hardest I've ever had to lose.

I am NEVER falling off the wagon again.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yes :explode:

I tried Atkins and lost 40 pounds. I could have stood to lose another 40 but I used excuse after excuse to start eating carbs again.

Now I'm doing it by choosing a heathier lifestyle that includes eating heathy & exercising but still living my life.:drinker:

I'm now down 30 with another 50 to my goal weight.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    I've been 3 lbs close to my goal then ruined it like 6 times now i go up to having to lose 5 or so again and again
    but at least I'm keeping an eye on it 5 is lot easier to lose then 10 or 20 for me
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Yes, a few times..............and I get right back on............thats how bad I want it........I think that most of us have strayed or continue to stray but its the "keep trying" attitude that will eventually win over our desire to stuff our faces with goodies and comfort foods. Most of us know how to lose the weight and eat healthy, its the passion to keep doing it...... Do what you know and keep trying.......you will succeed:bigsmile: :heart:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yes.
    2 years ago i lost 40 or so pounds with just diet, no exercise (yay low carb!) was 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
    gained it all back. and then some.

the good part is i know i can do it, i'm just frustrated i let myself get like this!
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yep, 11 years ago I went down to 150 from 180 and felt great. Got pregnant, gained back afterwards to 180. Stopped smoking went to 200. Started smoking again, stopped again and 2 years ago I weight 222 lbs. Went on my diet last year January and have been watching my diet since. I think the hardest part is to get back on the wagon. Don't give up.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I do have a similar problem. I'm 189, but I don't look fantastic. I looked ok at 145, but at 130 it was much closer to fantastic. That's probably because I'm 52. Don't stress, just start charting again. Serious health problems will be heading your way if you don't take care of yourself. My blood pressure is getting harder to control with medication. I can't exercise that long without my ankle hurting. You don't want to end up that way. Be brave enough to post your diary for others to see. That will help you be more accountable.

Ruth
    I started out at 220.

Dropped down to 180 (even then still felt fat even though I was far from it)

I had a surgery, had no activity for 2 months and stayed that way.

Went back up to 210 and now I look back and kick myself for it.

I see my 180 pics and Im like what were you thinking? You looked fantastic!

Now its even harder to lose the weight. I shouldve never ever ever fallen off and its stressing me out!

Anybody else have a similar problem???
  • meags1985
    meags1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes. In the last 10 years I have been on yo yo diets. losing 25 pounds, gaining it back. I lose it in 8 weeks, and within 4 months of stopping the diet, have gained it back.

So now I decided to join MFP. I have never exercised before or counted calories. I have been on MFP about 3 weeks and exercised 5 times per week for 3 weeks. It is hard - but I think this is the way!

It sucks because I joined MFP after stopping mid way in the Medifast diet. Of course now I am eating more (Medifast diet very restricting) and I am gaining weight :( Not much, but you all know how it sucks to gain anything!!

I keep telling myself this is a journey, not a race. I am in it for the long haul. So perhaps I will gain initially. I have a full body assessment on Friday and will find out if I'm dropping body fay and gaining muscle.
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    I started out around 8 lb 10 oz. I maintained in the 8 lbs for a while and then I really put on the weight. Have never been able to get back to my original weight.

I'm only serious! What you posted has been the story of my life. Goal weight, fat, goal weight, fat, goal weight . . . and you get the picture. I have lost the weight and swore never to gain it back more times that most of the people on here have lived years. Each time it has been harder to lose.

This time, I decided to make this my lifestyle. I am learning to use portion control AND to eat foods in the right combinations so that I can burn fat and not muscle.

I am a little hampered in the exercise department because I'm in rehab for a very serious torn rotator cuff repair. I am also trying to work out a sciatic nerve problem down my left leg the result of a ruptured disc a few years ago. That keeps me from doing the amount of walking that I need to . . . but this two shall pass.

Back to your post. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! Friend me and we'll help each other to stay on track.

Tom

:-)
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    im in the boat right now i was less then 10lbs from my goal and am currently recovering from surgery for my third week and have gain almost 10lbs back.

me too met my goal weight and then broke my knee and now 10 pounds heavier and I can't budge anymore than 1 or 2 pounds and it comes right back on
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    double post
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this coming from many people. I am going to give you some advice that my grandpa gave me a long long time ago... he wasn't speaking about weight loss, but i thin kit applies.

"When you get thrown from a horse, get up, shoot the Son of a B****, get a new one and ride like hell..."

I took, don't ever give up out of that.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    I do have a similar problem. I'm 189, but I don't look fantastic. I looked ok at 145, but at 130 it was much closer to fantastic. That's probably because I'm 52. Don't stress, just start charting again. Serious health problems will be heading your way if you don't take care of yourself. My blood pressure is getting harder to control with medication. I can't exercise that long without my ankle hurting. You don't want to end up that way. Be brave enough to post your diary for others to see. That will help you be more accountable.

Ruth

Yes exactly!
    I went to my Dr. and to my surprise I had found out that since gaining I now have high cholesterol and varicose veins in my right leg.

Ive dropped the weight before and I can do it again, it's just difficult.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    I have heard of this coming from many people. I am going to give you some advice that my grandpa gave me a long long time ago... he wasn't speaking about weight loss, but i thin kit applies.

"When you get thrown from a horse, get up, shoot the Son of a B****, get a new one and ride like hell..."

A very wise man he was. I like that quote! :D
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

A very wise man he was. I like that quote! :D

He really was!
  • GZero81
    GZero81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been there. About 2 years ago I shed about 50 lbs. I've gained about 30 back since then. I'm working on losing it again. My diet is a little more relaxed, and my work-outs a little more varied this time around. Hopefully that means it will be easier to keep as a permanent lifestyle change. My wife is also on board now, so I won't have to go it alone.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yes ! Which is why I am here today (ON MFP) ! I was 213lbs and dropped to 175lbs and flew back up to 207lbs and now it's harder than ever to even get below 200lbs! I hate it, but I know what I am capable of so I am striving for it !

This is almost IDENTICAL to my story! I got up to197 in 2006 (and I that was my HEAVIEST at that time) and was so disgusted with myself after seeing a picture that I got serious about my eating/weight and lost about 30 lbs (down to 167-170)...I looked great...even to the point that people started commenting that I was getting too "skinny" (i wasnt "skinny" by any means...i'm 5'7 but I slimmed down considerably)....now i'm at 209lbs and STRUGGLING!!!! I started MFP about 3 months ago and I thought I would have been back in one-derland by now but instead I have lost and gained the same few lbs!

I get soo soo sooo mad (and a little depressed) with myself sometimes when I think about it and when I look at pics of myself from then...gosh...I can't wait to get back...and SURPASS that goal!
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    More responses than I thought Id get.

Lets start a group!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    More responses than I thought Id get.

Lets start a group!

I think that's a great idea! I am actually encouraged to know that I am not alone in this...i really was ashamed for a long time because of regaining all the weight I lost and MORE! Please count me in!