When do you track your food?

Options

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It seems, if it's a helthy choice, I pre-log...if it was a bad choice, it's after I've already eaten it :(
  • vampy25
    vampy25 Posts: 30
    Options
    I write everything im gonna eat on that day, and see wat it comes too. lol. apart from my drinks i write it wen ive had them, but food wise stops me going off track, if its nt on my diary haha i dnt eat it unless i have cals over and im hungry I add something on.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I log as I go.... super easy with the mobile app. At dinner, I know exactly where I am for the day and what to watch so I can plan dinner better.
  • KeisterBunny
    KeisterBunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I log before I eat, I am a big fan of the mobile app, and find it much easier to use the bar code scanner. As I make or eat, scan the code and it's there.
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    :mad: :tongue: As soon after i eat as i can:happy:
  • trich33702
    trich33702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to plan every meal. So I in the morning I log my breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Because my days are long and I tend to do my exercise in the evening, I log dinner and exercise at night. When I plan my meals and exercise ahead of time it helps me be more accounting to myself.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of all three.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Pre-Journal, so I'm stuck eating what I journal. No guess work when I'm deciding what to eat, it's already planned out.
  • maddog1941
    maddog1941 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Variously...what I mean is if I have no doubt what I'm eating for b-fast, lunch and dinner i will pre-log and then see where I'm at. I usually log within a few minutes of making a food choice. Sometimes before eating, sometimes while I'm eating, sometimes after. The app is great because it has really steered me away from hevay calorie foods as I will look them up and then ask myself, do i really want to do additional cardio just to eat this? BTW...i drink a lot of coffee and i log it as soon as I drink another cup. Snacks too.
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    It depends on the day and whether I'm running low on supplies. If I already planned dinner and know what I have available for snacks, I pre-journal but I don't actually hit the submit button until the end of the day just in case something changes.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Before I eat it usually if I can! I like to see the day planned as there is always stuff to add as I snack & I like to get in a balanced diet before that starts.......
  • amlucy2
    amlucy2 Posts: 9
    Options
    I log when I eat... I like to visit the site several times a day to see what others are logging and add my water.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    pre-logger here!
  • littlemisstickles
    Options
    Usually the night before then I know how much I need to exercise the next day.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Pre-journal and edit as necessary. Complete when I know I won't change it anymore!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Pre-log most things and adjust/add as necessary throughout the day :)
  • Brandi0418
    Brandi0418 Posts: 63
    Options
    I like to log after each meal/snack as my meal plans tend to change throughout the day.:wink:
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    A variety of those for me

Pre-planned luch out with co-workers I will look up the food/emnu and decide what I will eat.

My leftovers from last night's dinner, I will log that in from the day before using MFP easy meal copy option, or delete it if I have a change of plans or tastes for that day.

Throwing a meal together with the items in the fridge/pantry, as I go I will scan or add the items I am preparing for dinner.

I logged my lunch (leftovers) and my dinner (more leftovers from eating out this weekend) right after breakfast. I find this helps me stay closer to plan and within calories rather than flying by the seat of my pants and logging afterward. I always go over when I do that.
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pre-journal...the more I plan the better my outcome by the end of the day. I usually pre-journal from breakfast up thru afternoon snack. I know better where I am calorie-wise (if I've exercised or not, etc.) before eating dinner Then, dinner calories are usually logged after eaten - right before bed.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i log some as i eat. lately, i've been doing it the evening before. gives me a vague outline of what i'll eat the next day so that i don't have to worry about it.