Stress getting me off track. Any help??/

Options
With 2 kids under 2 of course I have stress. Don't for get the husband. LOL. Any ideas to help beat the jumping off the wagon due to stress ?? :sad:

Replies

• rstarks54
    Options
    Take each minute as it comes, don't look to the future, just what you are doing at that moment....we are only human, we can do only so much...try not to take anything personal, accept it as it just is...easy for me to say...lol.... Best to you always, Rick
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I hear ya, I have 5 children 10 to 20. I work full time as a bank manager also...

The best way to hurdle stress it MAKE ME TIME!!!! especially with the little ones. Tell hubby not to bother you and lock the door, take a bath, read a book, go to the mall, shop, talk on the phone, listen to music, pray...

Make a list of things you can do when you get stressed and put it everywhere through your home.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see responses. I too struggle with a lot of stress!

I know yoga/meditation can help a lot.
  • rockgoddess
    Options
    Just remember to not give up. You are doing this for yourself.

If you drop an egg on the floor, do you throw the rest them on the floor too? No. That's a good line to think of when you want to give up.

You can do this!
    Kick butt!
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know people say this all the time, but exercise really helps me with the stress. It didn't really click for me until I figured out how I liked to exercise. For example, battling the baby to stay in the stroller while walking was not the best, but stealing 20 min to go jogging by myself (all by myself was key!)
  • jenners22
    Options
    With 2 kids under 2 of course I have stress. Don't for get the husband. LOL. Any ideas to help beat the jumping off the wagon due to stress ?? :sad:

I heard this once: If you don't take care of yourself, who is going to take care of your family?

Everytime I get stressed out...I'm a single parent of a special needs child...I just think about that statement. If I stay overweight I can have a lot of bad stuff happen to me medically. If I can't take care of my child, no one else is going to be able to do it.

So that is most of my motivation. I have to take care of me first...because if I'm not here....my child is alone.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I know people say this all the time, but exercise really helps me with the stress. It didn't really click for me until I figured out how I liked to exercise. For example, battling the baby to stay in the stroller while walking was not the best, but stealing 20 min to go jogging by myself (all by myself was key!)

It wasn't always like this, but I have got to the point where when I'm stressed I start jonesing to turn on my MP3 player, and get in my weight room or take off on a run.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    STRESS? Try being married to a DEAF man, having a 3 year old going on 21, being the MAJOR bread maker in the family, paying bills, etc, etc, etc, etc!!! I have to the be the "ears" for my family and believe you me, I am :tongue:

I deal with stress VERY differently. I work out during my lunch hour (run). I run around the PT Track at work 4 times around a quarter of a mile (each). I think while running as I wear my Sony headsets. I jam to my music which helps me concentrate on running. It REALLY helps with my stress as I do this Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays I go to the post gym (I work for the Army; civilian; so don't salute me :laugh: and do upper body strengthening (weights) and then sit on the hot tub for the required 15 minutes, shower, get dressed, and head back to the office. On TRs (Thursdays) I have Holy Bible Study which helps my heart, mind, body, and soul :happy:

Good luck and Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva