200+ group (week 2)

Options
13»

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    HeaterM, it's fine to weigh in tomorrow! When will our week 3 thread start? Tomorrow as well?

Congrats pinbotchick on another fab week!

I don't expect to lose this amount in a week again. Next week will probably be much smaller, so I have no idea if I'll hit the short-term goal. No secret this week.... just did the 30 day shred every morning (step 1), and stayed right around my calorie target each day (except for the blow out Monday). Also ate lighter foods last night at dinner in anticipation of the impending weigh-in. Weight loss can be so varying week to week. Those of you who aren't happy with the losses this week, just wait until next. You might see a much bigger difference next week. Don't get discouraged! We're in it for the long haul!

Blombie, I don't know what to tell you regarding the sodium intake... if it's that or what. As for cardio, more cardio can never hurt, but don't overdo it, or you're likely to burn out. I'll be curious as to how the HRM works!

cds2327: hey, a pound is still a pound! slow and steady wins the race. We'll all get there eventually!

Dldodson75, sorry to hear about the gain. :( Anything different this week versus last week that might have caused it?

Hang in there everyone and keep up the great work! Looking forward to week 3!
  • zombiebullet
    Options
    TGIF hello everybody, Today's weigh in weight is 277
    last Friday 279.
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm still 220......just keep your heads up and dont feel low from it lol. I hope everyone keep up the good work!:bigsmile:
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So I'm sort of new to this group thing. How does this work? Just report our progress? Is someone calculating a group loss? Anyway, I weighed myself this morning, and I think I may have lost a pound. I think I'm suffering from "scale disbelief" though. I think "that's not really my weight, it's just an anomoly, I really weigh more than that."

Funny how we believe the scale when it goes up, but we think it's just a one-off stroke of luck when it goes down.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome littlesister. I believe Heather is keeping track of the information for us. I too feel the scale is off sometimes. I even double checked to make sure it was zeroed out correctly :blushing: I just couldn't believe the numbers. Congrats on the pound loss :flowerforyou:

cd - you asked what the secret was for the weight loss this week. I have no idea. I really thought I would gain. I had 2 bad days where I was over calories by 500 and 1 day where I was right on. Then Sun to Wed I only ate 1300 instead of 1600 recommended and skipped eating the exercise calories. I also only exercised once a day for 45 min vs twice a day. I was shocked the scale dropped. I guess I zig zagged the calories and shook my metabolism up.

Blombie - I think you should go for the cardio 5 days a week. Remember It doesn't have to be huge - just take a long walk or stand up and move through your favorite TV show. I just did 40 min of exercise while I watched my DVR'd Private Practice - I side stepped, jogged in place, did hamstring curls and knee lifts.

Next week will be better for everyone.
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, what a difference a day makes - I'm down 3 pounds total. I'm sure it's only water, but you know what? I'll TAKE it!!!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I made some bad food choices this weekend and now my body is paying for it.....blah it just makes me feel like vomitting :embarassed: :sick:

I'm keeping track of or sw, cw.....what our goal for thanksgiving was and then your actual weight of that day....sound good?
  • dldodson75
    Options
    HeaterM, it's fine to weigh in tomorrow! When will our week 3 thread start? Tomorrow as well?

Congrats pinbotchick on another fab week!

I don't expect to lose this amount in a week again. Next week will probably be much smaller, so I have no idea if I'll hit the short-term goal. No secret this week.... just did the 30 day shred every morning (step 1), and stayed right around my calorie target each day (except for the blow out Monday). Also ate lighter foods last night at dinner in anticipation of the impending weigh-in. Weight loss can be so varying week to week. Those of you who aren't happy with the losses this week, just wait until next. You might see a much bigger difference next week. Don't get discouraged! We're in it for the long haul!

Blombie, I don't know what to tell you regarding the sodium intake... if it's that or what. As for cardio, more cardio can never hurt, but don't overdo it, or you're likely to burn out. I'll be curious as to how the HRM works!

cds2327: hey, a pound is still a pound! slow and steady wins the race. We'll all get there eventually!

Dldodson75, sorry to hear about the gain. :( Anything different this week versus last week that might have caused it?

Hang in there everyone and keep up the great work! Looking forward to week 3!

Yup difference is its that time of the month :grumble: Always have a gain before starting and total lack of energy, but in a few days ill be able to pick back up working out. Cant wait, I started the shred last week but crazy work schedule over last weekend then the pre start blues/lack of energy kicked in, so cant wait to restart that workout regimen. :wink:
    Congratulations on your loss!!! :drinker: Also, Thank you for your words of encouragement to everyone!! :happy:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    ok so does everyone like haveing a new thread each week cause i can make one whenever??
  • akasullengal
    Options
    ok so does everyone like haveing a new thread each week cause i can make one whenever??

I think that's a great idea. Go ahead and start one! I need a new start anyways after my craptastic weekend. ugh.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    can you post on this thread when you start the new thread? (so we'll know when to look for it)

Thanks!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I like the idea of a new thread each week. Maybe on thursdays, you can post a new thread, and then we'll all weigh in on it for friday. i don't know.
    I ate kinda bad this weekend, stress got the better of me. I am also looking to bumping up my cardio this week. been doing two weeks of interval training, and am now thinking of going back to straight cardio. I just want to lose!!!!!:explode:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I like the idea of starting the new thread on Thurs.

I am happy that today is Monday. I need to get back into a routine and eat better. Why is it sad that going to work and having a routine is easier than being home all weekend? At least I did manage to exercise everyday.

I loved the "craptastic weekend" comment - it so fits. Anyone else with me in that we should ban weekends until our goals are met?
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Thursdays are a great day to start a new thread. Heather, you still up for being the thread starter each week?
    I loved the "craptastic weekend" comment - it so fits. Anyone else with me in that we should ban weekends until our goals are met?

I'm absolutely with you. While I love the whole, you know, not working thing, weekends are tough. I'm very routinized when I go to work, and I'm better able to plan ahead and not be able to change my mind about what I eat once I'm there (it's helps that the canteen is less than yummy).

This weekend was sort of a bust for me, and it got me pretty down and guilty. I ate pizza, which is horrid... though I tried to rationalize it by seeing that it didn't have all that much cheese on it and was pretty loaded with veggies. Still horrible... and of course I justify eating it like whoa over the weekend by saying to myself "now it won't be around this week to eat." God forbid, I toss it out, or tell my roommates to eat it. *sigh* Afraid to look at the scale. Hope that getting back on track these last days will make it at least not a gain this week.

On the exercise front, I did the 30 day shred on Saturday, but not on Sunday. My first day I didn't do it. Argh... told y'all the weekend was bad. It was my first day on Step 2, which in some ways I find easier, but there are so many exercises that are in the plank position, that it is not going well. Did I not learn from step 1's push-up fiasco that it was just not a good position for me? Little to no arm strength, and my wrists were screaming at the amount of weight they were trying to hold up. So I sort of have to half-*kitten* part of the routine. Hopefully it will improve by day 10 of it.

The good thing is that I didn't completely sabotage myself for this week, and am back on track with eating. Though, tonight is pub trivia... which is scary eating, but I ate well the rest of the day and am going to eat a small salad before I go in hopes that I won't pack away my whole plate (unlikely). Just got back from the grocery store. This week's recipe is weight watcher's garden vegetable soup that I love. I don't like cooking much when I get home from work, so I find that if I pick out a recipe or 2 for the week and make bigger portions, I don't need to cook much the rest of the week.

Hang in there everyone!!!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    ok new thread started for week three....sorry wasnt sure if you guys like to change...from now on there will be a new one each thurs!!!! 200+group(week3):smokin: