Replies

• Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Benedryl Spray
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    white tale doe urine, Just dab it on the bite. stop the itch in seconds.

:bigsmile:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Calamine lotion
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    white tale doe urine, Just dab it on the bite. stop the itch in seconds.

:bigsmile:

Only works when in the woods though!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I take Butterbur - natures anti-histamine, and it doesn't make me drowsy.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Damn. I thought this was going to be a thread about little boobs. *kicks dirt*
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Lanacaine.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    put finger nail polish on it, will dry it up.

But why aren't you protecting yourself from bites? Still a health hazard - disease.

Even with bug spray, i still get at least a few. And sometimes, it is hard to rememeber to put it on, especially if your like me and go outside long enought o water the plants and get 10 in 10 minutes!!!

I have used the Benedryl Gel on them...cools and works well. The X thing usually works long enough for the major itching to go away and then I can usually resist scratching til it completely stops.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Obvious answer: Hydro-cortisone. I hate those little bastardds
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    put finger nail polish on it, will dry it up.

But why aren't you protecting yourself from bites? Still a health hazard - disease.

Even with bug spray, i still get at least a few. And sometimes, it is hard to rememeber to put it on, especially if your like me and go outside long enought o water the plants and get 10 in 10 minutes!!!

I have used the Benedryl Gel on them...cools and works well. The X thing usually works long enough for the major itching to go away and then I can usually resist scratching til it completely stops.

I'm always covered in repellent and wore a long sleeve sweater last night when taking the pup out. But they love me. It's bloody ridiculous.

When I was in Cuba last July, I had on 4 different types of repellent and they still covered my entire back and face in bites. My blood must be sweet.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    what my grandmother used to do is put vinegar on them. sure you smell like a pickle, but it works. also it works good for a sunburn as well. it takes a while for the sunburn, just let it soak in for a while and repeat for a LLLLLOOOONNNNNGGG time... i have always turned tan within a day or so of the bad burn with it....
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I completely thought this thread was about something else. Sorry, can't help you with the insect bites.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Lemon juice or the inside of a bananna peel! I bet you are still hott even with those bites! RAWWRRR!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Get bit thousands of times over the course of your lifetime and you will become immune. I swear this has happened to me. I barely feel any itch. (I am ALWAYS the first one that gets bitten, and the bugs will just swarm around me)