Showing Off

Options
AshleyKP87
AshleyKP87 Posts: 7 Member
Hey Everyone! I was wondering if, when you get down to your goal weight, if you have anyone in particular you want to show it off to (mainly to prove to them that you did it even if they didn't think you could)?

When I FINALLY get down to my goal weight, I am hoping to show it off to my uncle's side of the family (not related) who for years have always thought themselves better than me because I couldn't keep my weight controlled while they have never had a problem. I know this is petty and of course I first and foremost want to lose weight for myself and my health but I am not going to lie...this little dig and show off is always in the back of my mind.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmm, my estranged husband - who will only say "see, you always lose weight when we are not together, how come you never lost it for me?" :laugh:
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My Mother. She has told me to just accept that I will always be BIG aka FAT! After working out for a month and half she said to my sister the other day. "I don't know why your sister works out. You can't even tell she is losing weight. I don't think its working". I have lost 15 lbs. My Mother is harsh but I love her :/
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In my experience, those who are less than supportive have internal issues of their own. Great work-keep it up!! It's hard to lose 15lbs!
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My Nother-in-law, her sister & her niece. They are the 1st people to tell me that I have gained weight, BUT when i lost 40lbs they never said a word. I have 70lbs to go and cannot wait to "show it off".
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I want to show off to my Uncle who said to me at a barbeque, "You use to be so pretty so why did you get so fat, you could've been a lesbian like your sister who is in the army". First off, my sister isn't even gay, not that it matters if she is or not but what a horrible thing to say to someone. I wanted to throttle him. I just can't wait for a family reunion so I can show him off how happy and healthy I am.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find the biggest joy of weight loss to be the picture hanging over the bathroom sink (mirror). Folks who are negative are going to be negative no matter what you do. In other words, their next response might be that sure you got the weight off, but it'll come right back. I had a great-uncle that was that way. It still helps drive you, though. My favorite reactions come from people who DO care about me. Things like, "Man, you're looking great," never cease to make me smile. These things drive me to succeed even better than showing up those "Negative Normans".
    My second favorite thing is when someone tells me, "You don't need to lose anymore weight." My standard response has become, "Well, you ain't seen me nekkid (I'm from the south)." :laugh: Get your resolve from wherever you are inspired to do so. Inside, I do get a great deal of satisfaction from those who taunted me in school that now outweigh me. I know it and they know it. I don't have to mention it.

Endeavor to persevere.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I would be a liar if I said "No one, this is only for me..."... there are those that I would LOVE to see the look on their faces for sure! Shock value definately helps this process. Petty? Yes. Honest? Yes. :flowerforyou:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That's simple

EVERYONE!
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    my brother has always given me a hard time about my weight... so i think to be in great shape while he is putting on a gut would be awesome lol
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I want to show off to everyone!!!
    I love how my body is looking now, and when I finally get to my goal I will be having so much fun showing off my body!
    On one little side note, I don't really want to see my Ex, but I want him to see me...does that make sense?
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has ever said to me: "You have a pretty face, but..." And every guy in h.s. who wouldn't give me the time of day!! :p
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My wife has seen me along and I'm the only other person I'm doing this for. So, nobody is my answer.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I realize that is your mom - but OMG that is mean! You are her kid she should be your biggest fan! .... and I suggest you tell her that!
  • senyosmom
    Options
    I want to show off to everyone!!!
    I love how my body is looking now, and when I finally get to my goal I will be having so much fun showing off my body!
    On one little side note, I don't really want to see my Ex, but I want him to see me...does that make sense?

when you are done and so hot have a mutual friend email or post a pic if you :)
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My father in law who did nothing but put me down for being chubby (comparing me to my husbands late first wife constantly), and pretty much the entire small town I gre up in :)

MYSELF- Because I told myself for years that I could never be the very person I am becoming, shame on me!

I am pretty sure there is not a single person on the planet that doesnt wish to prove their hard work to someone else, I am 100% doing this for myself but I wouldnt be human if I didnt want someone to notice. :)
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has ever said to me: "You have a pretty face, but..." And every guy in h.s. who wouldn't give me the time of day!! :p
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I like this! :happy:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I HATE THE PRETTY FACE REMARK!!!!! :( I got told a zillion times in college that I had a beautiful face, pretty eyes, I was smart, a great cook, super sweet, even sexy, but I wasnt their type (because I was too big for their taste :(...rip my heart out)..grrr
  • senyosmom
    Options
    I want to show off for my husband - and not because he has ever been mean or unsupportive. I just think its time he had a hot wife again :)
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    I won't go out of my way to show off to haters, but if they are around then so be it. I am sure that they will find other ways to hate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!