Skinny Fat!!!! How do I become Sexy Skinny!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Considering i have 88 lbs to lose this sure isn't my best subject :tongue: interesting topic though. Hope you find the solutions you are looking for!
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    But i'm not sure if you will know this but how long does it take to normally begin seeing results..

I have a BMI very similar to yours and when I started lifting, it only took 2 or 3 weeks to start seeing some change. I think this is because of my very low body fat percentage (15%). You start to see results faster with a lower body fat percentage because there is not much fat for your muscles to show through.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am skinny fat too and its hard to find people that understand. I started to lift weights hard and it is helping to tone me up. You dont hav to bulk up, that part depends on your food intake, but lift hard and everything will get tighter. Good luck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Yes I guess bulky was the wrong word... I just had a very athletic build which would be great for foot modeling but my passion is for fashion... So I still need to be toned that's why I always say like Victoria secret models... I don't want to be toothpick skinny with no muscle and look sick that isn't my goal... But i'm not sure if you will know this but how long does it take to normally begin seeing results..

I was looking through my VS catalog last night and could CLEARLY tell how airbrushed the photos were. You DO realize that those models don't actually look like that right?

But heavy lifting is great. Won't make you bulky and you can still eat!!!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    victorias secret models do a HEAP TON of pilates, yoga, and cardio exercises like jump rope or running. i dont think they lift heavy weights :? my recommendation for you is to eat lots of leafy greens, realllllllly limit grain carbs, get your healthy fats from fresh things like extra virgin olive oil and avocado, and have a clean source of lean proteins (tuna, salmon, etc) after you excercise. and drink a gallon of water a day...seems unnatural but i am actually drinking more than a gallon hahahha :}

definitely do pilates, hot yoga, spin, jump rope, swimming, and use resistance bands when you exercise. i know a lot of girls worry about ~~*~*emigawd, i dont wanna get bulky from weights~~* but you wont unless you are injecting yourself with testosterone. you need lots of cardio, lots of toning (pilates, resistance bands) and mix in lifting too plus an ultra clean diet with LOTS OF GOOD SOURCES OF PROTEIN (123g a day!!!!!!). goooood luccccck chicky!! :)
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    Ballet maybe? I know the controlled movements take major muscle strength, but they definitely don't bulk you up. I'm guessing a ballerina's figure might be a good inspiration. Long, lean, and toned. I have so much respect for the dedication of dancers.
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    See a dietician to make sure your getting the right nutrition combination with strength training. Also keep in mind, everyone's body is different so accept that you might not be able to achieve the look you want within the weight you want.
  • amekeel23
    amekeel23 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes I guess bulky was the wrong word... I just had a very athletic build which would be great for foot modeling but my passion is for fashion... So I still need to be toned that's why I always say like Victoria secret models... I don't want to be toothpick skinny with no muscle and look sick that isn't my goal... But i'm not sure if you will know this but how long does it take to normally begin seeing results..

I was looking through my VS catalog last night and could CLEARLY tell how airbrushed the photos were. You DO realize that those models don't actually look like that right?

But heavy lifting is great. Won't make you bulky and you can still eat!!!

Actually serging that I do model a well they aren't as airbrushed as you might think. Yes alot can be done with Photoshop... But that is the reason these girls get paid so much. Photoshop cost a lot of money and is very time consuming so they are paid to loo a good as possible ... I am around models every day and there is a clear difference in the once who work at it by eating greatly and working out the right way and the ones who are just naturally skin and bones and then the ones who resort to eating disorders and drug use... Airbrushing for models of that stature is mainly used to help even skin tones and things of that sort
  • amekeel23
    amekeel23 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!!! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I recommend some kind of resistance training

5'7 120 Skinny fat sedentary me:
    2ch1edf.jpg
    Lifting + cardio with no weight loss less then 1 month later
    334keh1.jpg
    Again:
    2afx0ud.jpg->11qjzif.jpg
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Do you have any specific workouts you do for your core or anything you can suggest period??:)

I suggest you check out a copy of New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Alternatively, you can try Strong Lifts (google it, or there's a group here that does it). Both are good workouts that strengthen the core. Both are good beginner routines.