Stretch marks and excess skin

Options
This is a question for all the people that have lost 50 + lbs. Did you have alot of stretch marks and excess skin, and if so how do you get rid of it? I have 100 lbs to lose, and am really scared of having all the excess skin, and stretch marks left. Especially excess skin around my belly and arms.

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have loads of it, but it doesn't bother me as much as I was afraid it would. For me at least, it's way better than being morbidly obese.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    rebounding is a wonderful way to restore your skin's tightness
  • mogolo
    mogolo Posts: 30
    Options
    Theres surgery to remove the extra skin if you need to take that road, but if you do look into that make sure you excersize and tone up as much as you can before you go down that road.

I guess it just matters how big you were.. Ive seen someone lose 150lbs and dont have any "extra skin".
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting, good moisturizer daily, tons of water and time.
  • itsme_timd
    itsme_timd Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm curious about this one as well. I've read some articles and heard that exfoliating and moisturize while losing weight can help. And of course weight training / exercise. I'm curious if anyone has had success with losing a lot of weight and not having the loose skin.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I already had the stretch marks :-( but I don't seem to have a lot of loose skin yet. But I'm also doing strength/toning with my exercise routine to prevent a lot of loose skin.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Very true.
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 50 so far...I've done it slowly...1 to 2 pounds a week...I don't have extra skin and no NEW stretch marks...I still have around 30 pounds to go and now I've started working with weights to help with toning...even though there's not extra skin...I'm still flabby!
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ive dealt with stretch marks my entire life because of excess weight. At the end of the day, they serve as a reminder of a life style that i will NEVER go back to. Their battle scars at this point. I know some people worry about them but consider your options:

Would you rather have stretch marks....
    OR
    Would you rather have excess weight on you....
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have lost a fair bit of weight over several years in stops and goes. I do not have extra skin, but the other day I was going down hill on my bike and a bit of skin in my elbow started flapping like it was a loose shirt. I took that as a sign of progress.