Very nice! Congrats to you!!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • beckylynn528
    Options
    Congrats and GREAT JOB!

Half marathons are SO addicting. I recommend the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando. My mom and I did it this year and it was the most amazing race I've ever done.

I guarantee you'll do tons more!! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this post! I'm thinking of doing a half marathon for the first time in Jan, but I keep doubting myself. I think I'll register next payday now!! Thanks!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this post! I'm thinking of doing a half marathon for the first time in Jan, but I keep doubting myself. I think I'll register next payday now!! Thanks!

YES!!!! you CAN do it - your body just carries you the whole way it is AWESOME!!!!!! please let us know how yours goes when you complete it, becasue you will!!!
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I ran my first half on May 20th in Green Bay. I was on a runners high afterwards. I didn't train as well as I should have, I am hoping to make up for it with my second half. I am running the Lady's Speed stick half in Bloomington in August!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!
    I am running my first Half in Sept. and I loved reading this!!!
    Way to go!!!!

Me too!

Nice job OP!!!!
  • JennaM222
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I ran my first half on May 20th in Green Bay. I was on a runners high afterwards. I didn't train as well as I should have, I am hoping to make up for it with my second half. I am running the Lady's Speed stick half in Bloomington in August!

Hey I may have to look into that one and see if registration is still open!!! only about 15 mins from me!
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options

Hey I may have to look into that one and see if registration is still open!!! only about 15 mins from me!

Good Lord, how many of us in the area? :) I'm in Appleton. Wanna start a Half Marathon gang?
  • JennaM222
    Options

Good Lord, how many of us in the area? :) I'm in Appleton. Wanna start a Half Marathon gang?

LOL lets do it!!!!!!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Holly Cow!!! You did a 1/2 with only 3.5 months training?! Gee Wiz! AND you stopped training for a little while?! AND you still finished with a 8 minute and change mile?! UMmMMmm WOWZERS I wish I could say that. I started training the same time as you and I'm only at 6 miles in an hour. (10 minute mile)

WAY TO GO!!

Did you run before starting this training?

I did run before my training. I have done alot of 5k's, running on the treadmill, etc. but NEVER more than 3-5 miles and i run SLOW. my average pace per mile for the half was 11 minutes something. Slow and steady is how I run :)

OH! Still great! I did the math wrong thinking you did 8 min miles! :) But still that's pretty impressive that you didn't really get your milage up BEFORE the race :) WOOT WOOT I'm not that brave hehehe I WILL run a 1/2 before a year is up! And then I'll get to post a brag Message too! YAY YOU!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done, thats a great achievement
  • JennaM222
    Options
    Holly Cow!!! You did a 1/2 with only 3.5 months training?! Gee Wiz! AND you stopped training for a little while?! AND you still finished with a 8 minute and change mile?! UMmMMmm WOWZERS I wish I could say that. I started training the same time as you and I'm only at 6 miles in an hour. (10 minute mile)

WAY TO GO!!

Did you run before starting this training?

I did run before my training. I have done alot of 5k's, running on the treadmill, etc. but NEVER more than 3-5 miles and i run SLOW. my average pace per mile for the half was 11 minutes something. Slow and steady is how I run :)

OH! Still great! I did the math wrong thinking you did 8 min miles! :) But still that's pretty impressive that you didn't really get your milage up BEFORE the race :) WOOT WOOT I'm not that brave hehehe I WILL run a 1/2 before a year is up! And then I'll get to post a brag Message too! YAY YOU!

I look forward to your brag post!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!