Ladies! I need some help!(In regards to breast support)

Options
2»

Replies

• ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I'm an F cup and mine don't move in my Enell. It's the only sports bra I can wear.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Also, what are the thoughts on zip front closures? They look easier to put on, but with my luck I would totally zip my skin into the bra...>>;

I'm going to do the double bra thing until I can get some new bras, hopefully it will help, but I really don't want to do it too much, its wears my nicer bras out too fast and ends up being more than just buying a more expensive, higher quality sports bra for working out.

My MIL actually did zip her skin OUCH! it was tender and she was sore for weeks
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm also top heavy and use the one's from Target. I wear a regular bra under it though, and that seems to work great. I'd feel naked with JUST a sports bra... even with a shirt on top.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG, I wasn't expecting such a huge response! Thanks everyone for your input.

Are the sizes for Sports Bras just completely different than the sizes for regular bras? Because I was sized as a 38/40D right before I moved(like three months ago). I'm going to have to look for a running store, I haven't seen any since I moved up here, but if the sizing is the same I don't see why I would have to get sized again?

Different brands will often have different sizes. When I first started wearing European bras, I was a 34E in some brands and a 36E in others. Now I'm more of a universal 34F, but if you're going to spend a pretty penny on a bra, then it's best to try on and be properly fitted. For a proper fitting, go to specialty stores rather than a running store. Google a few of the higher end bra names like Prima Donna, Simone Perele, and Aubade to find a store in your area.

Some sports bras I've heard fit differently. Enell is definitely sized differently.
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    the seret is wearing 2 bras. i wearsports bra under my regular bra. it works great. hope this helps. :blushing:
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    saving this for later
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth I doubled up for a long time, until I hit 38c. It works really well. I even occasionally used to double regular bras if I wanted lots of lift. Now I can get away with Target ones, though, which is nice.
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Enell for the really well-endowed. :) I wear a G cup and have two of them...as others have said, they are not cheap, but they are well worth the investment!
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I got this Champion sports bra at ****'s sporting goods. It's sits stretchy, heavy double layered reversal nylon? Mine is white, but I think it also comes in black. Very supportive! It smushes the girls down so they aren't going anywhere, or maybe I just need a bigger size, but I think it is a great bra for the price. It was somewhere between $20 & $30.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with the BCG sports bras from Academy if I get the high exercise rated one. My poor daughter spent hours with me one day In Kohl's while I tried on every one they had and jumped up and down in the dressing room and none of them worked. I went back to Academy and was much happier.

ALSO, I don't know if this gadget works or not and don't laugh but I've seen this in my Jazzercise catalogs. I'm a Jazzercise fanatic and I've seriously been tempted to buy myself one of these.

https://togs.jazzercise.com/TOGS.dll?TOGS:TCAT_ItemDetail:0:SSID=1928349191&SC=2&SSC=166&SI=72&LrgImg=T

You can google "janestrap" and find more information on them. Good luck!