shoes or no shoes while working out at home?

Options
hey guys i was just wondering if u guys were shoes when u workout at home? i have been doing jillian micheals 30 day shred and also leslie sansons walk away the pound, both are very different. one is very intense and one is not, but with both i do not were shoes. i find that i balance alot better without shoes!! also in my opinion one of the benefits of home workouts is the fact that u can just role outa bed in ur pj's and get a great workout in the privacy of ur own home! what do u guys do? shoes or no shoes!

Replies

• glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    No shoes. I find that I do better with no shoes on. Plus I'm trying to stay quiet for the sake of my neighbors downstairs. Sometimes I wish no one lived beneath me. =)
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    At home I workout without shoes...Lifes better bare footed
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    hey guys i was just wondering if u guys were shoes when u workout at home? i have been doing jillian micheals 30 day shred and also leslie sansons walk away the pound, both are very different. one is very intense and one is not, but with both i do not were shoes. i find that i balance alot better without shoes!! also in my opinion one of the benefits of home workouts is the fact that u can just role outa bed in ur pj's and get a great workout in the privacy of ur own home! what do u guys do? shoes or no shoes!

I say no shoes. You can develop the muscles in your feet and lower legs by working out at home with no shoes. This will help you in the long run. If you're doing something high impact you may want to wear them..... or if you're using weights, because dropping one on your toe might rip a toenail off....ewwwww.
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Shoes, I don't want to hurt my ankles and I fee like if I landed wrong from anything, even a jumping jack, that I could hurt myself. Is the risk worth not taking the time to tie laces?

I hate wearing sneakers by the way. I own them just for my workouts, then they go right back in my workout basket!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I have to wear shoes when I work out at home. I find I get much more support around my ankles. We don't wear outside shoes inside, so I have a pair of tennis shoes that I only wear indoors.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    No shoes. I do Turbo Fire with no shoes and before that I use to do BodyRock.TV (Back when Z was the host, hate it now) Both very hard, Turbo is hard core cardio and HIIT and BR.tv is HIIT.
  • stacey1172
    stacey1172 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Shoes, ever since I landed wrong doing heel jacks when I wasn't wearing them...it's been several weeks and I've been paying for it ever since :(
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes at home, because I don't see the point. Actually, working out without them gives me a better leg workout, because more muscles in my feet are involved that otherwise wouldn't be working, were I to wear shoes.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wear shoes, and other time's I don't. It depends on the workout and what makes me most comfortable. My advice to you is, do what makes you most comfortable. If you like exercising without your shoes, do it. I've even done it once at the gym, since my shoes were bothering my feet.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i never wear shoes. they are evil!
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I say no shoes!! I am doing Insanity....tried starting out with shoes but there is so many up and down moves that I slipped right out of them and then my socks were so slippery on my carpet it nearly gave me carpet burn on my face while sprinting in plank position. LOL So I said forget it... I've gone barefoot ever since!! lol
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Eh depends what I'm doing. Usually it's no shoes during home workouts, but if I'm on the treadmill or lifting weights, I wear shoes. I don't want to drop anything on my precious tootsies :wink:
  • monicasuze
    monicasuze Posts: 37
    Options
    I don't wear shoes when I work out at home. Well, depends on what workout I'm doing.
    I wear cycling shoes when I do indoor biking.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble with balance, so I bought ToeSox for 30DS. That lasted about a week before my foot hurt so bad that I couldn't work out for a few days. It killed my arch. Now I have some cheapie tennies from Target that I wear for 30DS/Ripped/etc, because I wanted shoes that NEVER go outside (we have laminate) and I couldn't commit to anything expensive and found. Unbelievably, I've fallen in love with the cheapies from Target.

Of course, they are from Target. And Target is perfection.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes. I feel...I dunno...unbalanced/unsupported without them. I've tried it both ways and just felt really 'off' without them. I go barefoot around the house all the time except when I workout.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing.
  • blesdchile
    blesdchile Posts: 62
    Options
    When I'm doing step aerobics, I do wear shoes. All home exercises, no shoes.
  • Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think my balance is better out of shoes than in them. So I only wear shoes if I am on my stationary bike when I am at home working out.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Shoes, definitely shoes! I need support for my ankles and arches.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    No shoes for any training except for running.