struggling to lose

Options
Hello everyone......
I am new to MFP and am slowly learning my way around the site. I had joined WW online and lost 20lbs only to gain it all back after a vacation that I never seemed to get back on track from. I am hoping with this site that I will have more support from fellow members.
I have the knowledge of what I need to do but living it is definately my challenge.
I am hoping to lose 40 pounds by yesterday :o) ok ok ....I know this isn't a miracle!
So here I am with hope that this is the beginning of a successful journey!

Replies

• adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I also did the WW thing. I did the whole she-bang, online and meetings. I was doing great until they changed to the PointsPlus program. I find his site to have many of the same components as WW online, but a little easier to use especially when tracking your food. It also has a larger exercise database that give more credit for the exercise than what WW online did.

The key no matter what path you take is to keep at it. I've only been here for a week and have all ready made quite a few friends. Feel free to add me.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i wish you luck!
    i know how hard it is to lose the weight then gain it all back.
    exercise helps me stay focused more than focusing on food.
  • jogonnalose
    jogonnalose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP as well and have done the whole WW thing. I agree that the Points Plus was not the best. Lost and put all back on so I am really hoping this is the way to go. Something new and exciting!
  • sessalee
    sessalee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but I've used many tools in the past. I came here for the interface which is far superior to anything else I've used.

I tried WW last year for a few months and found it to be totally garbage with the points plus program. Really, you could eat way way too many bad calories and get away with it, and that's not how you lose weight. It oversimplified the process too much.
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: I am fairly new to MFP too and like you lost on WW and gained it all back plus extra. My problem is that I don't like to exercise, so I am hoping for support and encouragement here as well. So far I have lost only 3 #, but that's 3 # less than I did weigh a month ago.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Take heart, I too lost weight on WW and gained it all back. WW Points Plus allows too many poor quality calorie choices for me to lose weight and keep it off consistently. So I have reverted to plain old calorie counting and starting at 1200 per day. Which is fairly close to WW Core Plan or the old WW program which I had great success with longterm.

We all know how to lose the weight if we've done this rodeo before. It's a matter of getting your mind in tune with the program which for me is the BIGGEST stumbling block. So I am here AGAIN to give it another shot. This just becomes so much harder after 50 but I know it's possible because I see great success stories everyday.

I LOVE how MFP can break your diary down by protein, carbs, sugar, fiber etc. It gives a much clearer picture of where you might need to concentrate your efforts when things aren't going as planned.

Hang in there!!!