1 month progress

Options
hothodgie
hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
So, I have tried to lose weight in the past. I have failed several times. This time I am going to succeed. I am taking photos of my progress every two weeks so I can visually see that my body is changing and I won't get frustrated. My highest weight was 201 after I had my daughter in 2008. I have never been a real thin person as I carry a lot of muscle apparently. In 2006 I weighed 162 and wore a size 6.

I am 36 years old. I am 5 ft. 3 1/2 in. I currently weigh 190.8. I started in January at 196.8. I have been watching what I eat, keeping my calories at about 1590 per day. I try to exercise at least 5 days a week for an hour a day. I change what I do each day so that I don't get bored. I do some circuit training, arc trainer, treadmill, and stationary bike. I have to say that I am really pleased with my progress.

The past several times I have been very concerned with how much I weigh. This time is different, because I don't care what I weigh. I'd love to get to 140 or a size 6. But when I feel happy with how I look, I will start maintaining. I put in a goal weight, but that isn't important to me. I'm more concerned with my BMI and BF%. Right now I'm in the obese BMI and my BF% as of 2 weeks ago was 39%. I don't want to be thin. I just want to be healthy and be able to have fun with my family. I posted 2 progress photos because eventhough its not a huge difference, its still a difference. I'm proud of how hard I have worked this past month. Six pounds can make a difference. My son's comment was, ha ha, your shirt got longer. Love that kid!

6lbsdifference-1.jpg

sideedit-1.jpg

By the way, I highly recommend taking photos of your progress for those that don't. I cannot believe how motivated it has kept me. I resisted donuts on Friday at work because I didn't want to ruin my hard work. I LOVE donuts!! LOL. Maybe someday, but not right now.

Replies

• laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE DOUGHNUTS!!! you are doing fantastic. Keep it up. I am with you, the weight isnt so much what I am concerned with any more. I want to be healthy and look good. YOU are doing awesome so far, dont give up now...
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I can't see your June pics. It's too large and cut off, but I believe you. And i wanted to say CONGRATS on your loss. (I have seen other people say change the capitol letters to small letters so the pics will show.)

Yes, you must have a LOT of muscle, but that is a GOOD thing. And I like your thoughts--healthy instead of "the" number.
  • hothodgie
    Options
    Ugh, lol. Thanks girls. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have the small img, but no matter how small I make the photo, it isn't changing. I will have to try something else.
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you look awesome (:
  • hothodgie
    Options
    FINALLY!!! LOL. I got it fixed now. Whew! That was work. Of course now they look like Im much smaller than I am, but you get the idea. You can see them on my profile though.
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    amazing difference! You're doing so great :)
  • hothodgie
    Options
    Thanks girls! I love this website for the great support. My favorite thread though is the success stories. There are sooo many inspiring people on here.
  • MsDivineM
    MsDivineM Posts: 48
    Options
    You look great! Very proud of you! I have taken pictures when i started and at 1 month! Waiting for month 2 on July 15th, though I haven't put them side by side! I have a very hard time seeing a change though I know my clothes fit way different! I was in a 28 and now an 18 will fit, though very snug! Keep up the amazing work!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congratulations! I also wanted to put one month progress pics up on here, but I don't know how to get them side by side like that on photobucket. Can anyone help me? I find these so motivating and would like to motivate others!
  • themissusc
    themissusc Posts: 20
    Options
    excellent progress, great job!
  • hothodgie
    Options
    The photos were taken on my tablet. I used a photo shop app on the collage setting. Thanks for the encouragement girls! And I am down another pound! Finally broke 190!
  • 1jacqua
    1jacqua Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations!! You definately lost inches in your belly and toning in your are showing. Keep up the great work.
  • hothodgie
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Beachbean77
    Beachbean77 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Lentz16
    Lentz16 Posts: 26
    Options
    Amazing! Keep at it! You are fantastic!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    you look amazing...keep up the amazing job:)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • hothodgie
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!