Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• Zumbapoodle
    Options
    I'll join you all! I am in a wedding in just over a month, and the DVD has been collecting dust since I discovered Zumba. Adding it to my regular workouts sounds like exactly what I need.
  • sunny_smile5
    sunny_smile5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'll join in..but I've already been doing the 30DS for 7 days now. Since starting on 6/11/12, I have lost 2.8 lbs. and 0.75 inches off my arms, 0.50 inches off my legs, and 0.50 inches off my waist. I know that may not seem a lot, but I am very proud of myself for committing to the daily workout; also, I have been feeling much energetic and stronger these dasys. Along with my daily 30DS workout, I am also eating healthy as well as walking 30 minutes daily. My goal is to lose at least 20 pounds total after completing the shred. However, my weight lost is not going as fast as I had hope even though I have not skipped a single day of doing the shred or eating healthy. So, I may need to change the way I eat again. Anyway got any tips on what kind of diet is best with the 30DS workout?
  • trina_apple
    Options
    I, too, would love to hear any diet suggestions. I've not lost any weight in my 8 days on the shred either and have been trying to eat as well as I can. :)
  • healthyamberB
    healthyamberB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Started it yesterday. I run a lot so my legs don't really hurt much but man, my arms are sore! I have no upper body strength so this is going to really helps. Oh, and i have also been doing some research on the shred. According to many, they didn't start seeing weight loss till the last level. A lot even saw weight gain the first few weeks due to muscle gain and water retention. So if the scale goes up, don't worry! just keep an eye on those measurments!
  • Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    Started it yesterday! Jillian is brutal! This will be good.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    To you guys that asked about diet, I've been eating natural foods for the most part, with my processed foods being one serving of cheese, 1 serving of coconut milk for my protein shakes and my protein powder. I eat romaine lettuce, egg whites, almonds, raspberries or strawberries, broccoli and lean meats like chicken and tuna. It was boring and redundant at first, but now it's just another day, so much easier now. I'm so glad you all want to take part in this, I can't wait to see all of our results at day 30!!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I also drink 100 ounces of water a day, I really believe this has a lot to do with my success. Give it a try, girls!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Well, did you guys complete day 1? Day 2 tomorrow morning, I took my before pictures and uploaded them to photobucket!
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today and it was rough! I'm also doing couch to 5k, so tomorrow should be interesting as it's a running day! I've already got noodles legs!
  • missemcm
    missemcm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i started today! looking fwrd to excellent results!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for a couple weeks now, and I didn't lose any weight the first week, but after that I changed up my macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat, and I've lost two lbs. I don't know if the change had anything to do with it, but I'm assuming you can't go wrong with decreasing carbs and increasing protein.
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started this morning! And just joined MFP five minutes ago, so I am in lol!
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    im already on day 5 and it was really tough at first but it is definately getting easier. and i feel like i can feel my body changing
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started it today! I'm hoping to see some results in a month!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 7 yesterday. I'm also finishing up S90 (4 of 90 days left). I felt sick today so I haven't done either. After my first week of 30 DS, I gained 1.5 lbs and lost 1 inch between my waist, hips and thighs. I really think the weight gain is water weight because it came on overnight and I'm just starting to feel the muscle soreness. I'm using 8 lb weights because I'm using 8 and 10 for S90 and don't want to cheat myself.
  • onanoko
    onanoko Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm starting Day 1 today. This is exactly what i needed to give my motivation a kickstart!

Good luck, everyone!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Finished day 2 this morning! I honestly didn't think it would be this difficult but I am out of breath and tired quickly! For as active as I am I didn't expect this, but bring it ON! It will only make me stronger. Did you guys take pictures? I'm having trouble figuring out how to put them side by side on photobucket, do you guys know? Keep kicking a*s!!
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've got to do pictures and measurements tonight. I took a few last night but the self pic in the mirror with flash didn't work out. haha. Will have to bring in help from the boyfriend. Definitely need to measure b/c I want to really know what the difference is at the end of this!

Good job on day 2!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Good idea, I should measure as well.
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    completed day 2! planning to do pictures tonight!