PRE LOGGING AND PLANNING DAILY INTAKE

Options
Do you put everything into your tracker in the morning so you have your day planned out? or do you log it as you go?

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i like to log ahead when I can but some days I just wing it as I go LOL. It helps if I log up until dinner then I choose what to make based on how many calories I have left to work with. I always leave around 200 cals for a bed time snack.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I pretty much bring the same stuff to work everyday, so I log that first thing in the morning and then anything else I eat during the day, I'll log it as I go along.
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i pre plan my meals but usually log as i go. i just like to do that for no particular reason.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I cook my lunches for the work week all at once, so I will log them in for every day all at once so I don't have to keep doing it. For breakfast and dinner I'm usually weighing the food I have so I wait until those meals to enter them in, and for the snacks I usually pre-enter those aswell, and add or delete as needed. Then the weekend is just a crap shoot so I wait to log everything in then haha.
  • deep220
    deep220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I put everything in the day before. That way I am able to make sure I am getting my requirements from the different food groups. I also tent to stick to eating healthier when I have it spelled out in front of me. It cuts down on time needed in the morning since I already know what meal and snacks to grab from the fridge. Then at the end of the day I make any adjustments that I deviated from during the day.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    bit of both as i never always know what im having for dinner before hand, obviously if i do then ill log the entire day then add any snacks i may have
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I log my menu for the day into MFP by 8 am on weekdays when I'm at work. That way I don't forget and I always eat pretty much the same food on the menu plan. The menus change up monthly so it makes it really easy for me to input my food after I get the first week of the month in. Just copy from the last week!!
  • Philis64
    Philis64 Posts: 27
    Options
    Would be nice if MFP had a feature to print you pre-logged meals - Maybe it does!!!??? I should check.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast everyday, which makes like easier. I make my lunch and snacks for the day that morning or if I am really organised, the evening before.I then log everything that I know I am having so I know what calories are left for dinner.

At weekend I am a bit less organised!
  • jrharr01
    jrharr01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I log in as I go. I'm very indecisive about what I want to eat the next day, but onece I brainstorm on the possiblities, I do the caloric work up before I prepare or purchase my meals. It seems that this help me say away from cheating a lot of time. Because I'm putting time and effort into it, I more apt to not mess up that day. I do try to leave at least 15 calorie wiggle room
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Would be nice if MFP had a feature to print you pre-logged meals - Maybe it does!!!??? I should check.

You can go back and save any meal you have as your own! Then you could just do a print screen from there. That's how I do my lunches. I enter it in for one day, and then save it, and just enter in the whole meal every other day so I don't have to do each item individually.
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually log it as I eat and exercise if I have the time and I make any adjustments the following day. If I'm going to be away for a few days and will not have computer access I will log in ahead so I don't lose my log in days and have to start over from day 1.
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I tend to log as I go but in the morning at work I will often enter up until dinner since I clearly know what I have in my lunch bag and what I already ate for breakfast. Then I have a better idea going into dinner time how "liberal" I can be!

I am sure lots of you so this too, but I will sometimes enter something to see if I feel it is really "worth it" and/or if it will put me over the line at the end of the day! Then if I see a number I don't like, I most often decide not to eat it and then remove it from my diary.

The one thing I will not pre-log is my exercise, even if I know I am going to a class that day since you never know what may come up thorughout the day. In my head I often have the idea that "ok, today I will get an extra 600 cals from my workout", but I won't truly count them until that workout is complete!
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

You can go back and save any meal you have as your own! Then you could just do a print screen from there. That's how I do my lunches. I enter it in for one day, and then save it, and just enter in the whole meal every other day so I don't have to do each item individually.

Thank You. I never knew what the meals were for.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    I plan my weekday dinners and lunches and pre-log in the morning based on what I packed in my lunch and what I am making for dinner that night. Makes things quick and easy. Then I adjust a bit as I go.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do both! I try to log breakfast and lunch in advance and estimate what I'll have for dinner (the most social meal of the day for me). If I think about eating something in the evenings in addition to my pre-estimated dinner, I can log it and see if I can really get by without exercising that day or not. I'm a convenience eater if left without a plan. Logging ahead of time helps me ensure that I'm definitely eating the good stuff and that I work off anything extra. Also, if I see how many calories are in, say, a glass of wine it helps me make the decision not to drink--good for my body and my wallet!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of both, and more. I generally log my glass of soy milk I have for breakfast after I get to work. Sometimes I'll go ahead and prelog my lunch too, since I bring my lunch and know what I'll be having.

I rarely plan dinner in advance so I can't prelog it. I usually log everything eaten after I leave work the next morning when I'm logging my breakfast.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    I log everything in the morning, that way I can plan my calories to meet my macros.
  • leanneb205
    leanneb205 Posts: 76
    Options
    I pre planned today and its been great, i think i know what ive eaten before ive ate it so i know my calories are great so it motivates me to stick to it more. x
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,267 Member
    Options
    I prelog my dinners for the week once I have my weekly menu planned. Then I log my breakfast weekly based off of what my workout and dinners are. Everything else is logged just before I eat it or as I am eating it. I find doing it this way helps me keep on track.