pregnant and looking for tips on healthy lifestyle

Options
I found out I am pregnant, I am now 7 weeks pregnant which is surprising considering I have a 0.5% chance of getting pregnant because of PCOS. I did manage to get pregnant 13 years ago with my son but haven't been able to get pregnant till last September. Out of the blue I had gotten pregnant, unfortunately I had a miscarriage. I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant again already. This made me realize that, this will be the last time I get pregnant, I can't go through another miscarriage. So far, the baby is fine, time will tell. I am asking everyone to send some prayers my way! My goal will be to try and maintain my weight loss, anybody know of great healthy lifestyle I can follow while being pregnant?

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Well congrats on a major achievement for you! I wish you well and hope that you and your baby do wonderfully.

For the healthy lifestyle I suppose eating cleanly (little processed foods) and moderate exercise (if you are able to with doctors okay). Just choose things that you know are healthy for you and they will be healthy for your baby too. When I got pregnant I had the book What to Expect When Expecting. It helped me a lot when I was going through figuring out what I could/couldn't eat, how things I ate affected my son, and what kinds of exercise I could do while pregnant. All other items of question I asked my doctor or the internet.

Definitely do some research into what you should NOT eat and read labels. You would be surprised at how many things you shouldn't have or should have in moderation in order to keep your baby healthy.

Again congratulations and good luck.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant!
    Good luck to you I hope everything goes well and that you are able to maintain a healthy lifestyle through the process. That's what I'm hoping for. So far I've slipped up on my eating, but I haven't stopped working out and definitely don't plan to.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I dont have any advice besides to watch your caffeine intake but just wanted to pop in to congratulate you!
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The best piece of advice I can give is not to eat for two people. Also, my sister is prone to gestational diabetes, and she has to stick to a very strict diet for her and her baby's safety.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. It's been awhile, I was looking into baby stuff, everything changed since I was pregnant 13 years ago! I am having lots of food aversions and food cravings. The result is I am not staying within my calorie intake of 1200 calories a day. :(
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I don't have any advice but I wanted to thank you, I have PCOS and are going to start trying to get pregnant soon.
  • lcur7916
    lcur7916 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congrats, I hope things continue going well! I would definitely up your intake from 1200 to your maintenance calories - your body needs more fuel to grow a baby :) I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and have gestational diabetes. Up until 26 weeks I tried to eat well but did occasionally indulge and ate things I would not normally eat. When I found out about the GD I started following the diet they gave me and have not looked back - I have so much more energy and have not gained any weight since that time, so only 6kgs overall. Bub is still growing well and my doctors are all happy with how things are going right now :) And I am so looking forward to becoming a mummy in a few weeks <3 Try googling GD diet plans, I have found the plan really easy to follow and this is probably the healthiest I have ever been. It's amazing what you can do for the little person growing inside you! If you need any more info, feel free to message me! Lisa