Lasagna Cups 127 Calories EACH

Dozrzz
Dozrzz Posts: 245
I made these Lasagna Cups based off an idea I got from Pinterest. But I tried to make mine much lower calories! Plus I was working with the stuff I had on hand. So obviously you should adjust as needed to what you have on hand!

Per Lasagna Cup:
CAL: 127
CARB: 11
FAT: 4
PROTEIN: 11
SODIUM: 184

538141_10151021256675406_519293001_n.jpg

So here is what I did:

Ingredients:
24 Wonton Wrappers (about 20 calorie each)
1 pound ground turkey
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato juice
(You may prefer to use a typical tomato sauce, but again I was only using what I had on hand.)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (diced)
4 low sodium mozzarella cheese sticks (As I said, I used what I had. You may want to use shredded cheese.)
Italian seasonings (to taste)

Steps:
1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet with the garlic and onion.
2. Dice one of the tomatos and add that to the skillet along with the tomato juice.
3. Let this simmer until it thickens, while you work the rest.
4. Take the other two tomatos and make 12 nice round slices. Make sure they aren't too thick.
5. Take a regular 12 cup muffin pan. Spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Press one wrapper into each cup, pressing it to the bottom and sides.
6. Add a spoonful of the meat mixture to each cup. Then a sprinkle of cheese. (I just took the cheese sticks and sliced them into little discs.)
7. Place another wonton wrapper on top of each cup, pressing it down on top of the layers to make more room to fill the cup. I tried to turn my wrappers 90 degrees from where I place the original wrapper. It looks nice having the corners not overlapping.
8. On top of each wrapper, I placed a slice of roma tomato. Mainly I did this cause I had them and figured, why not?! :happy:
9. Finish off the lasagna cups with a layer of meat and a a final layer of cheese.
10. Bake in the over at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. Let cool for a minute or two before you try to remove them from the pan. But mine came out really easy!

Replies