Anyone else lose their appetite in the summer?

Options
I find that when the warmer weather sets in, I just dont have an appetite. In the past week I have been very busy, but it has also been running in the mid 80's, and I find myself only eating once or twice a day. Im just not hungry. I know this is very bad for me, but how do I force myself to eat???

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Try eating higher calorie foods... nuts, peanut butters, olive oil, etc.

You can also add calories without feeling stuffed by drinking milk.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    It is hard to eat hot food when it is hot outside...

what I have done is start eating things like huge salads for lunch--romaine lettuce, mushrooms, cucumbers, shredded cheese, a few ounces of chicken...
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your problem LOL.

It's not really bad for you. Meal timing is irrelevant. If you eat your daily allowance in those meals you do it, you'll be fine. So if you're at 1500 cals a day and you eat 750 cals each on those two meals you DO eat, then no worries.
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My appetite drops with the heat as well, I also find myself reaching for cooler foods. As someone else previously said, big salads, cold fruit lots of water. I listen to my body though, when I'm not hungry I don't force it because another day I meight eat a bit more.
  • yabba45
    yabba45 Posts: 35
    Options
    When its hot out I crave fresh veggies with dip, salads, and lots of fruit.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lose my appetite? I could wish! :laugh:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don't have an appetite either! maybe some homemade popsicles since it's so hot out!
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't just lose my appetite, I'll get straight up sick to my stomach if I eat heavy foods in hot weather. It's been in the 80's-90's here and I can't stomach more than pickles and cheese lately. My hubby wanted hamburgers on the grill yesterday, and I got sick just thinking about eating them :(. No- I'm not pregnant. Since it's slightly (though not much) cooler in the morning, I try to eat a big breakfast to get in more calories. It was 80 flippin' degrees when I woke up this morning at 6:00. What the heck???!!! :sick:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I find that when the warmer weather sets in, I just dont have an appetite. In the past week I have been very busy, but it has also been running in the mid 80's, and I find myself only eating once or twice a day. Im just not hungry. I know this is very bad for me, but how do I force myself to eat???

Seriously?
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Omg I am happy that I am not the only one. I think that I eat more in the winter because it's so gloomy. In the summer, I feel that people are more active and want to work out and eat little. When I do eat, I tend to eat more fruit and salads because it has more of a summer feel to it. Plus I am not as hungry because of the weather change. Heat in general just makes me not wanna eat.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my mom is the same way, so you are not alone!

make a cold summer soup!
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I wish i did! i can eat anytime any place .huh maybe thats y i weighed 200 lbs!
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be 106 degrees here today ..... but I still have an appetite :( Wish I could lose it!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Lose my appetite? I could wish! :laugh:

Ditto!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    yup. it's hot, food feels like work...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I do when I'm outside and get hot... otherwise it's not as bad... I just don't force myself to eat.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Every year. Milk shakes.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Goosiesnougs Posts: 420
    Options
    No.......I never lose my appetite. Even when I had the flu this winter I still ate a footlong from subway each day. (My husband does not cook and the kiddos would have starved!)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I envy you - I binge like a government mule if I don't watch myself...lol
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! :tongue: I have the opposite problem! I eat (and drink!) much more in the summer months!