any bfast like king, lunch queen, dinner pauper NSV's?

Options
2»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I actually code my meals like that and try to eat that way most days. I do find that if I eat a larger breakfast and lunch (and lots of protein at those meals), that I am not as apt to overeat at supper - which has always been my downfall. I don't follow it religously -- as you can see if you look at my diary... but the days I do , are the days I feel my best!

AS for my NSV's -- my better control over my eating is a large one, and I look to "fuel my body", not eat. I am loosing about a pound a week, which is my goal. And I am not hungry. (I make sure I eat every few hours).....

Love this..I'll check your diary for sure--thanks so much!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Whenever I try eating my biggest meal of the day in the morning, I end up too hungry and eating too much throughout the day.

I know this is so weird...maybe it's the foods that I'm now eating, but I'm rarely hungry as I eat throughout the day now, as when I was skipping breakfast and sometimes I'd skip or skimp on lunch and totally pig-out at dinner and/or bad snacking at night. Thanks for posting!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I've always wondered if this was true. Lots of people on here have some good examples and reasonings

That's why I posted...to see and hear from folk that do this or tried it. Thanks for posting!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

...and how is it considered a NSV, or "SUCCESS"?
    Maybe op's wondering if it would be a success? In any event, the idea makes sense in theory. I'm interested in finding it out.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all of your Success!!!!

clapping.gif
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I actually code my meals like that and try to eat that way most days. I do find that if I eat a larger breakfast and lunch (and lots of protein at those meals), that I am not as apt to overeat at supper - which has always been my downfall. I don't follow it religously -- as you can see if you look at my diary... but the days I do , are the days I feel my best!

AS for my NSV's -- my better control over my eating is a large one, and I look to "fuel my body", not eat. I am loosing about a pound a week, which is my goal. And I am not hungry. (I make sure I eat every few hours).....

Just FYI...your diary is not opened, so I can't see it.
  • deborahjr
    deborahjr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't get very hungry in the morning so I just eat granola....but I have changed my biggest meal to lunch and then have a smaller dinner. I always ate big dinners in the UK but the culture of where I live now is very much opposite, like breakfast is more like lunch, lunch is more like dinner and dinner is like breakfast, if you know what I mean!!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I prefer having my biggest meal at the end of the day. Helps me sleep well too.
    same
  • ItIsJessMe
    ItIsJessMe Posts: 19
    Options
    There was a period of time when I was a kid that my mom was on some protein-intensive diet and used to make herself a hamburger for breakfast. We rebelled when she served us rice krispies while she was having a juicy burger, so for a brief period my breakfast was substantial. It was great, I had a ton of energy for school and I was full all day. The phase didn't last long.

I'm trying to get back to eating more earlier in the day. I grab a handful of walnuts before taking the kids to school and going to the gym, then have a substantial "breakfast" when I get to my desk around 11, eat something else around 3 pm, but then by 6 I start grazing. I want to fit in another big snack or small meal earlier to see if it helps with the nighttime nibbles.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i think for someone who doesnt track calories or macros its a good idea to eat like that... otherwise if you track everything it doesnt matter what you eat at certain times of the day.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    morning
    how to you check someone's food diary?
    thanks,
    dancerpurple
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dont know if its true or not. I asked my Dr. yesterday and he said something about "hybernation mode" (not starvation mode). He said that eating most of your calories late in the day causes your metabolism to slow down early in the day, so its not a good idea to not eat all day and then have a huge dinner. In any case, I prefer to eat breakfast because it makes me feel better and I need it to take my meds.
  • Melissa_DLC
    Options
    Before I started my healthy eating (I don't like to call it a diet because its generally perceived negatively) I would not eat breakfast. When I started it was hard to eat breakfast because I would usually not be hungry in the morning but get hungry later in the day. I started to find that if I ate a good breakfast and a good lunch then worked out after work by the time I got home it was late I would be tired and I would only eat something very small like some turkey and cheese or cereal. This worked out great and I now think the more I eat earlier the more I will burn during the day and during my workout and what I eat after my workout is small and protein packed so it is not as bad as eating a big meal before bed. Has worked for me so far I have lost around 64lbs. I still have 31lbs to go to my goal, but its getting harder! Good luck!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do this. However time wise I find it hard to do a big breakfast on the weekdays. I seem to always get up at the last minute and then rush out the door. I have been doing a bigger lunch and doing a salad type thing at night. Then maybe a late night snack if I need it later on. Most days when I do this meathod I don't though. I actually eat less during the days even on heavy workout days. Just my two cents cheers:drinker:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My mantra....

Log your breakfast like a good project manager, with an eye on delivering results.

Log your lunch like a good manager, fulfilling the plan ,working towards the days targets.

Log dinner like an accountant, counting every bean.
  • shortstuff1822000
    Options
    I always have a hard time eating breakfast, because I'm never hungry. Lunch I'm ready to eat, dinner depends on my mood, but if I don't eat a good size dinner I wake up throughout the night wanting to snack. That sucks!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    My mantra....

Log your breakfast like a good project manager, with an eye on delivering results.

Log your lunch like a good manager, fulfilling the plan ,working towards the days targets.

Log dinner like an accountant, counting every bean.

LOVE this, never heard of it before...going keep it in mind! Thanks for posting!!!!