Replies

• jamiejpg
    jamiejpg Posts: 3
    Options
    bump
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so glad you posted this!! I have about 100000 brown bananas sitting in my freezer right now.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I have been searching everywhere for a good banana muffin recipe for a while, because I LOVE banana bread and wanted something similar. After searching and finding no luck, or what i did find was disgusting and tasted like cardboard, lol, I decided to create my own and I think they came awesome. If you like banana bread, you'll love these. So I wanted to share the recipe here.

Ingredients:
    1 cup mashed banana (usually 2 small VERY VERY ripe bananas)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    3 tablespoons all while liquid egg whites, or 1 large egg white
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup of sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan or use liners ( I found when you don't use the liners they come a little smaller and flatter). Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Bake until golden brown about 15-20 minutes..makes 12 muffins

You can top with some fat free cream cheese, they are delicious. If you want you can add chocolate chips or peanut butter or even walnuts, of course that would change the nutrition but do whatever you like. After entering my recipe into MFP here is the nutrition:

Makes 12
    Serving: 1 muffin

Calories: 72. Fat: 0. Protein: 2. Carb: 11. Fiber: 1. Sugar: 3

Hope you guys like them. :)

Just made these tonight and they are DELICIOUS! I added about 1/4 cup black walnut pieces and a tbsp of fat free half and half, to make the mix a little thinner, and subbed half the flour with whole wheat flour though.

Thanks so much for the recipe. It's getting saved and used again and again! =)
  • scurry12
    scurry12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Going to try this! Thank you!
  • nikkilam3
    nikkilam3 Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Bump
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Also from experience of working in a kitchen and baking cakes after cooling you can put the extras in a freezer bag and take one out as needed so its not a big temptation to eat all 12 of them in a couple of days :)

I did just that and they tasted great..

Do you just get one out of the freezer and leave it to defrost? Or reheat it in the oven or microwave? I've never frozen muffins before!
  • Cjmillan20
    Cjmillan20 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bumpalump!
  • olivia_mom
    Options
    bump
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump thank you :)
  • the_albino_1
    the_albino_1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tripled the recipe and they turned out lovely. However, out of the tripled batch I was only about to make 2 dozen muffins, so I just added half of the nutritional information to each muffin... if that makes sense.
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eileent01
    eileent01 Posts: 8
    Options
    is is the best lo-fat recipe I have found
  • cboz88
    cboz88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait to try these.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome. Thanks!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    :smile: bump
  • chrispar44
    Options
    Sounds very yummy and easy too! I will have to try these, as I LOVE Banana Bread and Muffins also. Thanks so much for sharing.