Feeling guilty..

Options
Hi all, new around here and been on a diet using myfitnesspall for almost 2 weeks now. Today I got a salad from a local italian delivery place and feeling guilty about it. It was a tuna salad, salad with mozzarella cheese. Couldnt find anything in the database so I kinda just winged it by adding subways tuna salad, a side salad, mozz cheese and the dressing. Basically feeling guilty for eating it, even though I am still very under my calorie goal. It just had a lot of fat.

I guess my question is, should I feel guilty?

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why would you feel guilty about eating food? Did you steal it from a small child? If not, then no. Even if it had put you over your cals, food isn't something to feel guilty about. And you said it fit within your goals, so enjoy it and move on.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lol @impyimpyaj! Your response was hilarious:-)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Nope, do not feel guilty. When you start going down that dangerous path, you'll begin to doubt what you are doing and self-sabotage, self-loathe, etc. Trust me ... I've been down that path many, many times and it got me nowhere except off of my healthy-eating track, gaining more weight than what I began with.

You know how many calories you are allowed a day. Stay within those. You can do this! :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why would you feel guilty about eating food? Did you steal it from a small child? If not, then no. Even if it had put you over your cals, food isn't something to feel guilty about. And you said it fit within your goals, so enjoy it and move on.

HAH! That was awesome.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I agree don't feel guilty about eating.
    if you are counting your calories, then just count them in your daily allowance and continue to eat.
    If you think that you are doing something wrong thenyoure telling yourself that you are on a diet. YUCK!!!! No diets,
    just changing the way you eat.
    I don't consider myself on a diet. I eat basically what I want but I count every calorie I consume.
    Good luck!!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Exactly...dont feel guilty!! It fit into your calorie goal so you are fine! And, even if it didnt, again, like someone else said, Food is not something you feel guilty about. I ate it, it was one of the best things you could find to eat, enjoy it and move forward. Dont EVEr, EVER, EVER feel guilty about eating to keep your body moving. Yes, sometimes we may feel, "oh Crap, I really shouldnt have eaten that!" But, then we take a deep breath, say, "OH WELL!" and adjust accordingly throughout the day.

GOOD LUCK throughout your journey and remember, we are allowed to eat whatever we want...it is all about moderation. :)
  • somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't feel guilty!!
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stop it! The worst thing you can do is feel guilty! Just log what you ate, if it wasn't that great, learn from your mistake and try to do better next time. I sometimes eat stuff I'm that's not that good for me, but as long as I stay under (or even close to my calorie limit) and exercise, it's fine.

If you feel guilty and get stressed, then you're just gonna make the situation worse.

You are AWESOME just for trying to get healthy!

Keep going!
  • chaosadnd
    chaosadnd Posts: 7
    Options

This was awesome. But thanks all for the motivation. I'm not really sure why I felt guilty, I just did. But everyone is right, I ate it, move on with my calorie counting and exercise. Thanks again everyone!