Protein Shakes????? Help

Options

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    yes it does. but it states that it is gluten and lactose free on the package as well...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If it contains those protein sources, it is not lactose "free". It may contain such low amounts due to the small servings per protein that no reaction will occur so they can state that on their labels.
  • antiwings
    antiwings Posts: 34
    Options
    I've had people on here have ago at me before but if I don;t have time for breakfast or lunch I will tend to have a slimfast. I know it's not protein but it does have lots of nutrients and minerals.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest problems is not eating breakfast or lunch. Then I end up eating a large dinner or a small one and snacking late night.

As long as you're staying within your calories and macros, there is no problem. Meal timing is irrelevant. If you're not hungry for breakfast or lunch, don't eat.
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    ^^
    That's pretty much it. At the end of the day, consume your macros and calories from good quality food and do not worry about timing.
  • Ekboriqua
    Ekboriqua Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so many suggestion i wil have to reread all these posting and try some of those homemade ones too. Hopefully i can narrow it down so i can get back on track. Well let you know which I tried. Thanks again everyone keep more coming if you have any more suggestions.
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I drink most if not all of the Genuine Muscle Milk by Cytosport.

Strawberries N Creme and Cookies N Creme are my favorites.

I use the Muscle Milk Light. Cake Batter is amazing!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    post workout i like whey isolate. before bed ill take casein. If I replace a meal with a protein shake, Ill add fat free cottage cheese, fat free or almond milk, ice, some fruit or maybe even peanut butter.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Check out my diary, just finished mine for dinner, and love it! Awarenesslife.com!
  • trixie95
    trixie95 Posts: 2
    Options
    Pure Protein Shakes are yummy. I drink them as a mid-day snack. I get it from Costco, it has 30 grams of protein & 160 calories. It will satisfy your hunger. Sometimes if I drink one too late in the afternoon, I am not hungry for the rest of the night.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like http://www.truenutrition.com/p-947-whey-protein-isolate-cold-filtration-1lb.aspx in chocolate peanutbutter cup or strawberry cheesecake <3 Mixes well, tastes good and is high quality with low cals/carbs/sugar. I like it with water or made into protein bars (its easy to bake your own).
  • jmather77
    jmather77 Posts: 7
    Options
    Where do you get the Pure shake?
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a powder that I like yet, (although with so many great recipe suggestions here, I may be willing to pull them down off the top shelf in my pantry & give them another try), but I have found that I really like the ready-to-drink Premier Protein shakes. 160 calories, 30g protein, 3g fat & 5g carbs (only 1g sugars). I'm not typically a big fan of shakes & their overly sweet flavors, but I do enjoy the chocalate quite a bit. They make a good meal replacement for me at breakfast & this is also what I've begun having after my evening work-outs. I get mine at Costco, 18 shakes for about $24, though I'm sure they are carried by plenty of other stores, too.
  • aimeeindyacad
    Options
    I take herbalife shakes. They are amazing and delicious. Most of the protein shakes that I have tried (and believe me there are many) have a chalky aftertaste that you have to chug to get the thing down. Not so with herbalife. If you want any more information just contact me cause I am also a distributor. Believe me they are worth it.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Where do you get the Pure shake?

I've seen them at Krogers.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast just about everyday. If you're gonna use it as a meal replacement , just make sure it has enough calories and maybe some good fats, I've been using Syntha 6 and have been really happy with it. The other one I would reccomend is the one from Chike Nutrition . Check out the Chike website for info about they're protein , I really think they're the best tasting out there plus you can order a sample variety pack and all u pay is the shipping .
  • geekyjock76
    Options
    I like http://www.truenutrition.com/p-947-whey-protein-isolate-cold-filtration-1lb.aspx in chocolate peanutbutter cup or strawberry cheesecake <3 Mixes well, tastes good and is high quality with low cals/carbs/sugar. I like it with water or made into protein bars (its easy to bake your own).
    I can vouch for Truenutrition.com as I bulk order Milk Protein Isolate from them to use in making brownies and smoothies. Aside from that, my pre-workout and bed time is CinnaBun Trutein or Chocolate PB Cup Trutein.
  • asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I go through spurts of replacing breakfast with protein shakes. My husband likes his with vanilla protein powder, coffee, and ice (I also hide some ground flax seed in it). I like that and then sometimes I make a fruit one with protein powder, water or milk, fruit(banana, berries, pineapple, or mango), and a little spinach or kale. The smoothie will turn green, but you cannot taste the veggies!

Oh .. and we use Body Fortress or Jillian Michaels Protein powders from Walmart. I was looking for one that was cheap and low in sugar.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast just about everyday. If you're gonna use it as a meal replacement , just make sure it has enough calories and maybe some good fats, I've been using Syntha 6 and have been really happy with it. The other one I would reccomend is the one from Chike Nutrition . Check out the Chike website for info about they're protein , I really think they're the best tasting out there plus you can order a sample variety pack and all u pay is the shipping .
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I like them but they make me sick, im lactose intolerant, if anyone has any suggestions , im all ears

Have you looked into Body by Vi ?? Im not positive but I think you'd be ok with them. My son is lactose intolerant and he drinks them. He is also autistic and the healthy balance of nutrients with no preservatives and fillers helps control some of his neurological symptoms.

This ^^^^^^
    I wanted to buy body by vi until I found out the artificial sweetener is sucrose aka splenda. Splenda did major damage to my lungs. If I can offer a suggestion the best taste testing protein shake from word of mouth and the search engine is Jay Robb protein powder. What I really like about it is the flavor of orange creamsicle ice cream bar and uses Stevia a safer sweetener in my opinion. Jayrobb.com or check search engine only organic fed cattle are used for the whey. There are more flavors like Pina colada,strawberry,vanilla, chocolate.