What's in your trunk?

Options

Replies

• monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I live in Minnesota.......and it HAS happened to me.
    I'd check your battery life.
    A fully charged battery takes something like -60 to freeze.
    A older battery that has converted most of the sulfuric acid to water will freeze faster. It's still like something crazy cold like -30 Hence the reason why you need to replace batteries every few years on the average car or more often when you live in colder states.

I'm in Canada and not even from a cold part and it gets -35 here without the windchill. With the windchill and parking outside...your battery will die. But the jumper cables don't help all the time. You need a warming blanket or to plug the vehicle in (block heater) as preventative measures. The best thing is to have a new battery but a cold snap can come quickly and sometimes you're just not prepared...we got caught this year:(
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota.......and it HAS happened to me.
    I'd check your battery life.
    A fully charged battery takes something like -60 to freeze.
    A older battery that has converted most of the sulfuric acid to water will freeze faster. It's still like something crazy cold like -30 Hence the reason why you need to replace batteries every few years on the average car or more often when you live in colder states.
    Seriously their not talking about the actual battery actually freezing yeah that doesnt happen however when it is very cold it takes alot out of a battery to make the car start. I'm in Iowa and it has happened to me and my battery was just fine. When it gets below freezing it takes a toll on vehicles.

Now really what does it have to do with everyone why she has jumper cables for her car when it gets cold. Leave it alone.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

I'm in Canada and not even from a cold part and it gets -35 here without the windchill. With the windchill and parking outside...your battery will die. But the jumper cables don't help all the time. You need a warming blanket or to plug the vehicle in (block heater) as preventative measures. The best thing is to have a new battery but a cold snap can come quickly and sometimes you're just not prepared...we got caught this year:(

eh???

(*sorry, hadda do it............................waves "HI" to my friends in Canada!)

WINDCHILL..............don'tcha love it, ya,sure??

:wink: :wink:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Nothing....just bought the car!

And I am confused as to what jumper cables have to do with snow?

easy connection:

snow = cold
    cold = car won't start
    car won't start = jumper cables.

Now, leave that poor girl alone..........................didn't she say she was from the south?

I have never had that happen. And I live in the mountains where it frequently gets below freezing, with lots of snow, in the winter. I have, however, drained a car battery too many times by leaving the dome light on, leaving the stereo and dome light on, etc.

Yeah....the only time I have ever had to use jumper cables was because I left my lights on....not because it was snowing!
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options

eh???

(*sorry, hadda do it............................waves "HI" to my friends in Canada!)

WINDCHILL..............don'tcha love it, ya,sure??

:wink: :wink:

ba ha ha ha. It's only funny cause it's true! Sigh. I say it way too much:(
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    tie down straps..(several ) beach blanket.. I think that's it :)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

WOW TIE DOWN STRAPS? SOUNDS FUN
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    small animal cage, helmet, and gym shoes....
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tell me 3 random things in your trunk. I will start: jumper cables (even more random because I live in the South with no snow), stuff to clean my car and helmet. Next!

A bunch of junk that needs to be cleaned out........... jumper cables, snow scrapper ( we still get ice in Georgia), workout bag, daughter's old ballet bag, hangers, etc.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options

WOW TIE DOWN STRAPS? SOUNDS FUN

they dont work well on the beach not much to tie anything down to... ;)
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Do you Scottish games?

Yep - for about 6 years or so. I'm a stone throwin', tree tossin, kilt wearing menace to a buffet table!
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Jumper cables, Lawn Chairs for tball games and such and blankets. And a shirt that my husband asked me to get dri cleaned that's never actually made it to the dry cleaners. LOL
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Softball Gear
    Stadium Seat
    Jacket
  • ByeByeBigGurl
    Options
    Nothing....just bought the car!

And I am confused as to what jumper cables have to do with snow?

easy connection:

snow = cold
    cold = car won't start
    car won't start = jumper cables.

Now, leave that poor girl alone..........................didn't she say she was from the south?

Been there, done that! Gotta love Canadian winters! lol
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    saddle, suntan lotion, head collar...horse feed...as you getting the picture?! lool
    all my horsey stuff! oh and shoes! :happy:
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A saints chair.. a blanket.. and kids cleats
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Clean towels for me at the gym, a soft mat for floor exercise, and my gym's exercise class schedule. See a pattern?
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I drive a truck, so no trunk.

Under the backseat I have:

First Aid Kit
    Ratchet Tie Downs
    Bungee Cords
    Snow Scraper/Brush
    Jumper Cables

And probable some spilled Goldfish Crackers, M & M's, Cheerios, and whatever else my 4 year old has thrown everywhere.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Mine's technically the back of the minivan: fold up stroller, a green balloon, an emergency blanket.
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Roller skates, jumper cables, and an apron lolll